Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Sold: Imacon 343 scanner + accessories

Jim Gilley
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Imacon 343 scanner + accessories

Imacon (Hasselblad) 343 scanner + accessories

Sold

Price: $2,500.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: UPS insured signature (ground, 2-day, overnight) at actual cost, buyer pays

This is the legendary Imacon 343 "virtual drum" scanner with all original accessories and packaging. In my mind, it is the best medium format scanner you can buy. The only reason I am selling it is because I have an Imacon 848 that I bought to replace my 343. Note that when it comes to medium format, the 343 can do everything the 848 can (but the 848 can make higher resolution scans at 35mm and is faster overall).

This machine is in perfect working condition (I just made a scan with it this morning) and has only had 150 scans since its last servicing. It comes with the following 3 film holders: 6x7 + 6x4.5, 6x6 dual, 35mm. There are plenty of reviews of the 343 on the net, so I'll refer you to google for those, but this is simply an awesome scanner (and I have owned many different kinds over the years, including real drum scanners).

What makes this scanner so attractive is that it uses a Firewire (IEEE-1394) interface, which is still supported (via adaptors) on all modern computers (2013 rMBP here) AND Hasselblad still makes software for this machine (same FlexColor used by X5 and X1) that runs on all current operating systems (running OS X Mavericks myself). Did I mention that it produces stunning scans?

If you are in the KC metro area, I will deliver in person for cash. For all others, I will ship UPS (any service) at your expense (which might be a lot considering that the shipping box is big and heavy - I would budget at least $100 for insured ground shipping, I will only charge you my actual cost, whatever that ends up being).

PM or post if you have any questions. This a great machine and the only reason I am selling is because my 848 is better, making this one redundant.

http://blog.grumpysworld.com/wp-content/uploads/guide/all343.jpg
http://blog.grumpysworld.com/wp-content/uploads/guide/work343.jpg

Jan 18, 2014 at 12:49 PM
veroman
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Imacon 343 scanner + accessories

Wow. If I were still shooting film, I'd scoop this up in a heartbeat. GLWS

- Steve

Jan 18, 2014 at 12:52 PM
mosier
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Imacon 343 scanner + accessories

PM Sent

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:03 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.