Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules · Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · #589 White Dahlia Closeup

Strad
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · #589 White Dahlia Closeup

Based on a number of reactions from various sources, I've decided to switch my entry from the White Chrysanthemum to this shot of a White Dahlia. I hope you like this one, too
Here is the B & W version http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1267275

Edited on Jan 20, 2014 at 11:24 PM · View previous versions

Jan 17, 2014 at 03:06 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #2 · #589 White Dahlia Closeup

While I like this one Endre...I like the black and white more...what a cool flower, so well lit...great shot. Nice to see you back in the WA.

Jan 17, 2014 at 01:00 PM
gt_me_jon
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · #589 White Dahlia Closeup

Though I think both look great, I like the B&W more as well. I feel like it draws more attention to the gorgeous shadow gradients and detail on all the petals.

Jan 17, 2014 at 01:07 PM
Strad
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · #589 White Dahlia Closeup

Thanks, Travis! I really appreciate your very kind comments. I tend to agree with you about the B & W version but I wonder if it is right to put a B & W shot into a contest that is specifically supposed to be "White on White". Maybe… I can easily be convinced.

All best wishes,

Endre

Travis Rhoads wrote:
While I like this one Endre...I like the black and white more...what a cool flower, so well lit...great shot. Nice to see you back in the WA.

Jan 17, 2014 at 08:03 PM
Strad
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · #589 White Dahlia Closeup

Thanks, Jon! I appreciate you taking time to comment and I'm glad you like it. As I told Travis above, I lean toward agreeing with you. I just can't decide if a B & W best represents "White on White". Hmmm…

Best wishes,

Endre

quote]gt_me_jon wrote:
Though I think both look great, I like the B&W more as well. I feel like it draws more attention to the gorgeous shadow gradients and detail on all the petals.

Jan 17, 2014 at 08:06 PM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password