New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Nikon charger with 3rd Party battery

bipock
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon charger with 3rd Party battery

Making a little trip this weekend and thought it might be a good idea to charge my batteries before I left. 4 batteries with chargers from my D610 and 7100.

3 of the batteries are Nikon, one is a freebie that I got when I bought the D610. Used this name brand before with no issues in my Canon stuff. When I insert the battery, the charger light comes on, blinks 3-4 times and then goes crazy, blinking rapidly and non-stop. Same thing in both chargers and I tried it twice in each.

Bad battery, bad charger (not likely) or something else?

Jan 16, 2014 at 08:29 AM
VinnieJ
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon charger with 3rd Party battery

Never seen that happen but if it only happens with the 3rd party battery then it must be it.

Jan 16, 2014 at 08:31 AM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon charger with 3rd Party battery

HEAVY sarcasm warning!
Nikon is making sure you use only Nikon gear. Nikon batts and chargers use self-lubricating smooth electrons. Non-Nikon batteries and chargers use older, jagged, non-lubed electrons. Just Nikon making sure you use only Nikon stuff, no matter how highly overpriced.
END of warning.

I just put a new battery in my vehicle and it cost less than a Nikon EN-EL4a battery. Overpriced? I think one is, but I won't say which.

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:41 PM
RoyC
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon charger with 3rd Party battery

runamuck wrote:
I just put a new battery in my vehicle and it cost less than a Nikon EN-EL4a battery. Overpriced? I think one is, but I won't say which.

Look for a lithium ion 12v that would be suitable for your car and I would be surprised if it was cheaper than your camera body.

Jan 17, 2014 at 08:43 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nikon charger with 3rd Party battery

Heavy sarcasm aside you need to come to the understanding about Li ion batteries and the sort of issues they can have or induce. they are not AA batts. the power density is considerably higher and other factors can/will come into play.

Jan 17, 2014 at 08:52 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Nikon charger with 3rd Party battery

RoyC wrote:
Look for a lithium ion 12v that would be suitable for your car and I would be surprised if it was cheaper than your camera body.

then there is the pretty different charging, control and monitoring circuit to go along with it. they are a little less tolerant of things then the L/A models.

Jan 17, 2014 at 09:02 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.