Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · I know football is over....

kwhitt

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · I know football is over....

but I would a little CC on these. Taken on a dreary rainy day.

Thanks

1. http://k-cphotography.smugmug.com/Category/Finals/i-FLwtX2z/0/X2/State%20Championship059-X2.jpg

2. http://k-cphotography.smugmug.com/Category/Finals/i-5Snpz5J/0/X2/State%20Championship060-X2.jpg

Jan 15, 2014 at 07:21 PM
BillyHurst
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · I know football is over....

Not sure exactly what you are looking for but the exposures, white balance and saturation all look good. Nice action shots of the defender 00. I'm sure he will enjoy them. I would consider cropping the 2nd photo differently, possibly horizontal and tighter to lose some of the dead space. Also, keep a mindful eye on your horizon lines. The first shot is not that bad but if you look at the top of the image you can see it is running downhill and to the left. The 2nd shot is the same way. Don't let the hash marks on the field fool you, go with the horizontal lines of the wall in the background and straighten from that. Other than that, nice work.
Billy-

Jan 15, 2014 at 07:52 PM
kwhitt

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · I know football is over....

Exactly what I was looking for. I get really caught up in the moment trying to catch the action that those pesky horizons always slip my attention.

Thanks for taking the time to view and respond.

Jan 15, 2014 at 08:17 PM
IonCannon

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · I know football is over....

On the second photo - do you have this with 00's feet? I agree with Billy's comments regarding maybe a horizontal crop. I personally would like to see it wider and including a little more (don't cut off 7's arm, show the rest of 00's body and maybe even 4's body/feet).

Good looking pictures though

Jan 15, 2014 at 08:47 PM
kwhitt

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · I know football is over....

I wish I did. I shot the whole series in the vertical position. If I had tried to rotate, I would have missed it all. I have the tendancy to shoot vertical and tight all the time....something to work on next season.

Jan 15, 2014 at 08:54 PM
Grantland
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · I know football is over....

nice pics.

how about this crop? i typically like tighter crops.

Grant

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:40 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.