Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · How to contact FM management and tech people?

OntheRez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How to contact FM management and tech people?

Seems like the right place to ask this question as none of the other forums deal with forum. I have looked all over and can't seem to find a "click to talk to the forum gods"

2 problems:
First, I found a charge on my bank statement while reconciling that didn't mean anything to me and I couldn't figure out who/what did it. By drilling down I'm pretty sure it was FM automatically renewing my - I guess it's the buy/sale privilege - without notifying me that such would happen. I went to my profile and find that somehow I'm signed up for automatic renew. Odd since I never automatic anything with anyone. Perhaps there was a default I missed? Past that it's just good business to let your customers know that you are about to extract money from them. For example suppose I cancelled that card and am using something else? It is a trivial date driven script to notify users that a charge is coming down.

Second, I've made 5 attempts to update my profile over the last 3 days, and when I click the submit button I get a "wrong email format" message. Nothing is updated. Huh? So far as I can tell there's no email going on so the error message is less than useful. (I really want everyone to know that I actually bought a new camera for the first time in my live, the 1Dx. Childish I know but harmless I think

Anyone with the secret handshake clue me in so I can talk with the management. Don't get me wrong, I use, support, and value this site, but even the best has problems on occasion.

Thanks much

Robert

Jan 15, 2014 at 03:13 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How to contact FM management and tech people?

Top-most right hand corner of this page as you view it. "Moderated by: Fred Miranda" Click on his name and PM him. He'll respond. I overpaid an Upload and Sell subscription because of my own stupidity. I PM'd him and within minutes he had my PP account reimbursed. Now, ask me how long it took PP to get the $ back into my bank account: 12 F'g days!!! But I digress. Fred is good to go and also a working photog.

Jan 15, 2014 at 03:36 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How to contact FM management and tech people?

I had a similar issue last fall, when my account auto-renewal kicked in, and I don't recall going "auto", either.

Unfortunately, in the previous year, I'd stoppped using the linked account and so the account was NSF. I was charged the usual exorbitant NSF bank fee, and subsequently stated my case to Fred. No answer. Fortunately, my upload privs are still good, and I haven't been charged again. The NSF fees were about the same as the FM fees, and so it evens out - I'm good (so far).

It's clear that there are some loose ends. The ones involving money are the ones that will most aggravate the customers.

Jan 15, 2014 at 07:26 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How to contact FM management and tech people?

Robert and Jim,
On the Upload & Sell page, you may subscribe for Upload & Sell (default with auto-renew) or get a one-time flat payment for the time you desire. If you subscribed, the membership will auto-renew automatically.
At any time you would like to cancel the auto-renew, just go to the membership page and click on "Stop Auto-renew".
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/upload-sell.php

All the best,
Fred

Jan 16, 2014 at 09:24 PM
OntheRez
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How to contact FM management and tech people?

Ok thanks all. Anthony had no clue I could harass the mod by just clicking on their name

Robert

Jan 17, 2014 at 06:46 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.