FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · Early morning snowy flight series

eyelaser
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Early morning snowy flight series

Shasoc wrote:
These are very nice, Eric> You did a very good job on these sequence of sharp images. Definitely worth 7 hours of walking with 50lbs of camera gear up and down the beach
Socrate

Thanks Socrate...the 1Dx locks on so well...its almost too easy...mind you I said "almost"
Eric

Jan 15, 2014 at 09:29 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Early morning snowy flight series

arbitrage wrote:
Great stuff Eric....7 hours....that is nothing for some good snowy flight shots!!

TFS
Geoff

Let's see, if you pace back and forth on the plane ride you too can have a seven hour (or more) hike.
Eric

Jan 15, 2014 at 09:30 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Early morning snowy flight series

KirkB wrote:
Further proof that there's hardly anything we won't do to get the shot.

Great back-story Eric and thanks for burning some calories so I could see this flying Snowy.

Kirk

Thanks Kirk...and it is crazy what we do sometimes. I mean, its not like I've never seen one before. I could have walked for an hour and seen 35 in Vancouver 2 years ago! But it is totally worth it when you see them...they are just too cool and those eyes suck me in every time!
Eric

Jan 15, 2014 at 09:32 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Early morning snowy flight series

ScottHM wrote:
You go to the ends of the earth, and Long Island and Snowies and you almost meet your match...Great job on these...I can imagine 7 hours walking in that sand with all that gear would beat your legs up.

This was one of those days I was sure I was going to get skunked. I told myself, at least I got a bunch of flight shots so I won't go home empty handed....and then in the pm The "Owlfinder" did his job and we got to use our equipment and not just our legs.
Eric

Jan 15, 2014 at 09:34 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Early morning snowy flight series

canon.eos30d wrote:
Beautiful fly sequence and as others said, 7 hours is worthy for this, Eric.

- Tam

If I had gone home after 7 hours I would have had this series but not the golden owl or some other shots that made me ....Glad I stuck around.
Eric

Jan 15, 2014 at 09:35 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Early morning snowy flight series

mitesh wrote:
I applaud your dedication and effort, Eric! Oh, and those images are terrific as well!

Thanks so much Mitesh...it was either keep walking or go home and do chores...let me see, walk and look for owls or do chores....hmmmm
Eric

Jan 15, 2014 at 09:36 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Early morning snowy flight series

kmunroe wrote:
i like the shots.. and the story Eric

Thanks Kenny...it is a wonderful story...better than, got to the beach, found half a dozen owls, shot for 7 hours, ran out of memory and battery and had to go home....nah, I'll take the second story
Eric

Jan 15, 2014 at 09:38 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Early morning snowy flight series

Real nice series Eric. just think about all those white location markers that we saw and wondered if we were seeing an owl only too be disappointed when we looked closer and saw they were rectangular poles.

Morris

Jan 15, 2014 at 09:48 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Early morning snowy flight series

morris wrote:
Real nice series Eric. just think about all those white location markers that we saw and wondered if we were seeing an owl only too be disappointed when we looked closer and saw they were rectangular poles.

Morris

I've seen lion logs, leopard limbs and now owl outposts....it's a conspiracy I say!
Eric

Jan 15, 2014 at 09:50 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.