New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Shooting the bird

Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Shooting the bird

Walking around testing a legacy MF Nikkor-S 50/1.4 on XPro-1, happened to notice I was being watched. Bird, mockingbird I think, perched on the roof of a Mustang.

A stretch?

f-stop probably ~ f/5.6

Regards,

Bob

Jan 14, 2014 at 07:22 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Shooting the bird

A lot to look at here Bob! I like the reflection of the sinewy branches on the hood and the way the bird is perched on one leg and the attitude inscribed in the bird's posture and expression.
Douglas

Jan 15, 2014 at 05:28 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Shooting the bird

I love the bird on the hood with reflection. The background is unfortunately distracting. Not sure burning it down would work, but might be worth a try.
Scott

Jan 15, 2014 at 09:16 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Shooting the bird

Douglas and Scott,

Thanks for your comments. My thoughts pretty much the same - I like the interplay of lines, both straight and curved. Background is messy, don't know going any darker would help but worth a look.

Backstory - substantial crop from the frame, roof is pretty close to being blown out. I was surprised by the bird's unflinching posture and attitude as I walked by the car and turned to look. Sort of: what-chu-lookin'-at? Only time for a quick (and quick is a very generous term with an XP-1 and MF glass without relying on zone- or pre-focus) focus and capture before the bird tired of the game and flew away. And, given the quickness of events, happy with the results in a technical sense.

Regards,

Bob

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:24 AM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.