New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · RICOH GR V CANON ON SONY A7

brian.mccready

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · RICOH GR V CANON ON SONY A7

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and only a beginner when it comes to good photographs. I have just purchased a Sony A7 with the supplied kit lens which is ok for learning the camera. I traded in my Canon 600d(t3i) but kept some lenses because my wife has a 550d(t2i). I also have a RicohGR(the best £500 camera you can buy anywhere), I have also just got a Sony/Canon Metabones smart adapter iii, and boy is this thing well built, and as the Ricoh is fixed at 18mm (equal 28 full frame). I took a picture on auto and the Ricoh chose f/4 @1/60, iso 100. then I put a Canon 28mm is usm prime with the adapter on my Sony A7 and took the same picture on auto and it also chose f/4, 1/60 but iso 300, then I printed them A4 and the results were almost identical. I had to look carefully to see that some parts of the Sony picture had more detail. I must say that the Ricoh will be in my pocket at all times. I have also been out with my A7 in one jacket pocket and a lens in another and this little camera takes any lens you want it to with an adapter. I am hoping the Zeiss 28-70 lives up to promises when it comes out. Here's hoping I can get some pictures as good as some of you guys in the not to distant future.

Jan 14, 2014 at 04:05 PM
loosh
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · RICOH GR V CANON ON SONY A7

Good talk.

Jan 14, 2014 at 05:14 PM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · RICOH GR V CANON ON SONY A7

Welcome to FM! Check out the Alt forum where photographers use all type of equipment. Seems like you post would fit there more easily, and you would find many fellow photogs that share your interests in GR/A7/Zeiss. There is a thread in the Canon forum specifically for the A7/r + adapted Canon lenses. Hope to see you post some images on the alt forum sometime in the future.

Jan 14, 2014 at 06:03 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.