New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2014 · thread for when you hate yourself because you sold your leica

goosemang
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · thread for when you hate yourself because you sold your leica

sold it in october. regretted it in december. forgot about it for a month. just went through some scans and i'm pretty sure this is in the top 10 stupidest things i've ever done.

Jan 13, 2014 at 09:35 PM
CVickery
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · thread for when you hate yourself because you sold your leica

....never sell Leica... right, noted for future reference

Jan 13, 2014 at 09:37 PM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · thread for when you hate yourself because you sold your leica

they still sell them.

Jan 13, 2014 at 09:37 PM
goosemang
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · thread for when you hate yourself because you sold your leica

ken.vs.ryu wrote:
they still sell them.

perhaps you could speak to my wife for me.

Jan 13, 2014 at 09:41 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · thread for when you hate yourself because you sold your leica

I should have kept my M9 and should have never gotten the M240!

I miss the CCD sensor, the MM has the CCD sensor also and I love it!

The high iso on the M9 I can live without though, so there is a trade off! But if I had to do it all over again I would keep the M9 and get a MM

The M240 has great high iso capabilities

Jan 13, 2014 at 09:41 PM
goosemang
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · thread for when you hate yourself because you sold your leica

i sold my m6 because i convinced myself i wasn't going to take the time to scan a bunch of 35mm negs.

turns out someone else will scan them for me for what's known as "money".

Jan 13, 2014 at 09:43 PM
goosemang
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · thread for when you hate yourself because you sold your leica

ok i gotta go think about something else.

Jan 13, 2014 at 09:45 PM
telyt
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · thread for when you hate yourself because you sold your leica

ken.vs.ryu wrote:
they still sell them.

Not R.

Jan 13, 2014 at 09:50 PM
redisburning
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · thread for when you hate yourself because you sold your leica

I got over that pretty fast when I got my makro-planar.

I wouldnt have sold if I could afford 50 Lux ASPH. I loved my M2, but I couldnt afford the lenses I wanted. I may never be able to, or when I can I may want to spend money on kids or vacations or air cooled 911s.

its the best camera Ive ever owned by such a ridiculous margin that everything seems like shit to me in comparison. yet I still got over it. I legitimately care more about the lenses, so I got over it.

the Japanese will never figure that out just like they cant figure out how us Americans made pens or how the Italians make cars. I have a lot of respect for how they make stuff and I have a few products from the Land of the Rising Sun which have some magic in them but in the end it's still a country that seems like they define luxury by the length of the list of features and the number of buttons on stuff except in their really, really high end stuff. Ive got a fabulous gyuuto that exemplifies the same thing Leica does. but never a camera. 2c.

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:23 PM
Bijltje
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · thread for when you hate yourself because you sold your leica

redisburning wrote:
I got over that pretty fast when I got my makro-planar.

I wouldnt have sold if I could afford 50 Lux ASPH. I loved my M2, but I couldnt afford the lenses I wanted. I may never be able to, or when I can I may want to spend money on kids or vacations or air cooled 911s.

its the best camera Ive ever owned by such a ridiculous margin that everything seems like shit to me in comparison. yet I still got over it. I legitimately care more about the lenses, so I got over it.

the Japanese will never figure
...Show more

How the german make pens you mean?

Sorry, as a pelikan pen collector I couldn't resist..

Jan 14, 2014 at 03:13 AM
Jochenb
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · thread for when you hate yourself because you sold your leica

It's just stuff you know. Just buy one back if you have too many regrets.

Jan 14, 2014 at 03:25 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · thread for when you hate yourself because you sold your leica

Jochenb wrote:

Indeed. Let's not forget what it is these cameras and things do...

Jan 14, 2014 at 03:45 AM
rji2goleez
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · thread for when you hate yourself because you sold your leica

I sold my CV 35/1.2 ver. II when I sold my NEX 7. I would love to have that lens for my a7R. While I like the native FE35, at f/2.8, I miss the ability to shoot narrow DOF at that FL.

Jan 14, 2014 at 04:04 AM
waterden
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · thread for when you hate yourself because you sold your leica

The only thing I do regret selling (in a way) was my Leica MP (the one after the M7, not the original iconic one). However, this is only because it almost doubled in value after I sold it. It was sublime to use but I really can't be bothered with adding scanning to the pp.

Jan 14, 2014 at 06:07 AM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · thread for when you hate yourself because you sold your leica

The lens I most regret selling is my Leica R 90 summicron, but I just got a ZE 100 Makro Planar so I think I am good.

Jan 14, 2014 at 06:25 AM
Spyro P.
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · thread for when you hate yourself because you sold your leica

funny, I dont regret selling anything...
I probably would, if miraculously there was a kodak lab again in every corner and minolta was still around and servicing their scanners, but with me swimming against the tide... nah, I've sniffed enough fixer in my life.

As for the digital crap what's to regret? It's disposable, you wait long enough and you'll end up taking it to the tip yourself.

Jan 14, 2014 at 07:03 AM
Mitch Alland
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · thread for when you hate yourself because you sold your leica

jojomon11 wrote:
I should have kept my M9 and should have never gotten the M240!

I miss the CCD sensor, the MM has the CCD sensor also and I love it!

The high iso on the M9 I can live without though, so there is a trade off! But if I had to do it all over again I would keep the M9 and get a MM

The M240 has great high iso capabilities

The M240 may have great high ISO capability, but it just doesn't have the color rendition of the M9. In my view the M9 makes a great camera for night photography when you use the technique of Shooting at ISO 640 and Pushing in Lightroom 5, because of the unique color rendition.

—Mitch/Chiang Mai
Tristes Tropiques [download link for 46 MB PDF file of book project]

Jan 14, 2014 at 07:27 AM
telyt
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · thread for when you hate yourself because you sold your leica

Jochenb wrote:

If you can find one in good condition at something less than 150% of what you sold it for.

Spyro P. wrote:
As for the digital crap what's to regret? It's disposable, you wait long enough and you'll end up taking it to the tip yourself.

Sounds like you're a CaNikon user.

Edited on Jan 14, 2014 at 09:59 AM · View previous versions

Jan 14, 2014 at 09:39 AM
JimUe
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · thread for when you hate yourself because you sold your leica

i bought a 50'cron-r and then a 50'lux-r and sold the 50'cron-r. i miss the 50'cron-r's size and contrast, but i like the 50'lux-r more.

Jan 14, 2014 at 09:48 AM
zhangyue
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · thread for when you hate yourself because you sold your leica

Bijltje wrote:
How the german make pens you mean?

Sorry, as a pelikan pen collector I couldn't resist..

Don't forget Montblanc, I know Italy has OMAS, Montegrappa etc...France has STDupont.....

Jan 14, 2014 at 10:29 AM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.