New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Problem In PS CC

wildphoto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Problem In PS CC

Problem, When I open a JPG or a Raw file in PS CC I get this Picture enclosed.
If I open the same in Lightroom 5 no problem. IN Bridge raw no problem
Help I dont know what to do.
Also in PS 5 no problem
Thanks your help would be appreciated.

Jack Harper

PS CC Problem

Jan 13, 2014 at 09:33 AM
redcrown
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Problem In PS CC

Been watching this one with great interest, hoping for an explanation or at least more evidence, because it sure looks strange. Equally strange that no one has responded.

I've tried to imagine what kind of Photoshop CC config might cause it, but can't think of any. Things like softproof with gamut warning, some unusual colorspace, some unusual mode (not RGB) come to mind, but don't see to explain it.

The closest I can come is to put an image in "Indexed Color" mode, which can produce those swirling posterization patterns.

So all I can do is ask for more info to help think this thing through.

1. Is your CC a new, fresh install, and does the problem appear on any and every image you open? Or is it only on some images, or did it used to display OK and then suddenly start doing this?

2. Are the strange patterns in the display only, or do they become part of the saved image? If you save that image with a new name and look at it with a different program, do the strange patterns still appear?

3. I doubt it matters, but what's your system config? Mac or PC, which Operating System, how much memory.

4. Have you tried resetting the Photoshop CC preferences?

My primary suspect would be your video card. Bridge, LR5, and PS 5 are probably not using the GPU on the video card the same way Photoshop CC is using it. So my first blind guess would be to tell Photoshop CC to NOT use the GPU. Go to Edit/Preferences/Performance and uncheck "Use Graphics Processor." See if that makes a difference.

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:52 PM
wildphoto

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Problem In PS CC

Thanks for the reply. I unchecked the "Use graphics Processor" and my problems went away.
I was going crazy trying to figure it out.
Thanks again
Jack Harper

Jan 14, 2014 at 08:51 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.