Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · wolf

Very nice head-on look!

Jan 13, 2014 at 04:55 AM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · wolf

Looks like this wolf need to be de-iced! Good image David.

Jan 13, 2014 at 08:23 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · wolf

KCollett wrote:
Looks like this wolf need to be de-iced! Good image David.

exactly what I was about to post or something very similar

Great shot and TFS
Geoff

Jan 13, 2014 at 08:25 AM
G.E. Smith
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · wolf

Great eye contact. Nicely done.

Greg

Jan 13, 2014 at 01:03 PM
brimull
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · wolf

Very nice. Beautiful head-on look. Very sharp. If this was taken in the wild, an extra wow!

Brian M.

Jan 13, 2014 at 05:40 PM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · wolf

love the wolf David

Jan 13, 2014 at 06:13 PM
tittermary

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · wolf

Yes in the wild.

brimull wrote:
Very nice. Beautiful head-on look. Very sharp. If this was taken in the wild, an extra wow!

Brian M.

Jan 13, 2014 at 06:38 PM
tittermary

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · wolf

Thanks everyone, I went on a two week trip to Wyoming, Montana, Yellowstone area just to attempt to get some wolf shots so I am very pleased, luck played a big part to be sure.

Jan 13, 2014 at 06:41 PM
Candor
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · wolf

A great looking wolf. Very nice job and looking forward to seeing some more from your trip.

Mike

Jan 13, 2014 at 06:47 PM
Genes Home
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · wolf

Great Shot! Wish I had been there with you.

This is the 889f girl with the injured paw that is believed to be the mate of 755m, one of the few remaining survivors from the Lamar Pack (that was slaughtered two years ago when they left the park in December).

She has a GPS tracking collar (as opposed to a radio tracking collar, which is much smaller) that picks up the snow and makes life difficult.

Unfortunately, neither she (probably due to her injury and related need for easier movement) nor 755m are displaying a healthy fear of vehicles or people at the present, and there is a worry that the "locals" racing up and down the road between Cooke City and Gardiner will deliberately run them down......having killed several buffalo and an elk already this past month.

They recently took down an older elk next to the highway and had to abandon it when another pack moved in on it after the ranger staff moved it for safety reasons (they try to keep such at least several hundred yards off the road).

Everyone with "wolf in their hearts" is emotionally attached to this pair (a two year long story best told elsewhere) and hopes they are successful in their pairing.

Gene

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Lightsearcher
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · wolf

Fantastic shots, looking forward to see more of your pictures.

Marcelo

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:23 PM
tittermary

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · wolf

Genes Home wrote:
Great Shot! Wish I had been there with you.

This is the 889f girl with the injured paw that is believed to be the mate of 755m, one of the few remaining survivors from the Lamar Pack (that was slaughtered two years ago when they left the park in December).

She has a GPS tracking collar (as opposed to a radio tracking collar, which is much smaller) that picks up the snow and makes life difficult.

Unfortunately, neither she (probably due to her injury and related need for easier movement) nor 755m are displaying a healthy fear of vehicles or people at
...Show more

I don't know the whole story but yes its 889f from what I gather, and you just confirmed. She was in the process of getting over to her mate at the time. And yes its amazing to me how fast people drive on the road between Gardiner and Cooke such a shame.

I was extremely surprised and even though I guess shouldn't have been I found myself pretty apprehensive on how close she ended up coming. I never expected such an opportunity for such close quarters. Hopefully this behavior won't continue for her safety.

Edited on Jan 14, 2014 at 12:21 AM · View previous versions

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:09 AM
KirkB
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · wolf

Beautiful animal with perfect exposure and post work to show us all of her beauty.
Excellent work David.

Kirk

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:14 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · wolf

Very well done David ~ Ron

Jan 14, 2014 at 06:40 AM
BeeBalm
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · wolf

Wow love it!!!!!!
BeeBalm

Jan 14, 2014 at 09:05 AM
ScottHM
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · wolf

Excellent looking shot...looks almost like she's wearing a bib for dinner. At the rate of reintroduction I'm worried for a viable population.

Jan 16, 2014 at 01:23 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.