FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · exif data?

shane8168
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · exif data?

Okay, I know there are better places to ask this question, but I never get answers anywhere but here, so... How do you see the exif data from pictures posted here on FM (and other places)?

Thanks...

Jan 11, 2014 at 09:43 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · exif data?

I like KUSO Exif Viewer. You can right click a photo in a web page to launch it.

Download:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Digital-Photo-Tools/KUSO-Exif-Viewer.shtml

Jan 11, 2014 at 09:52 PM
Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · exif data?

Downloading an exif viewer for your browser is the easiest way. If you are using Firefox this is a common one to use. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/exif-viewer/

Download it, install it, restart the browser and then you'll be able to rightclick(windows) and choose view exif

There are many other similar plugins out there, they all do just about the same thing.

Tim

Jan 11, 2014 at 09:53 PM
Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · exif data?

Morris and I were at it simultaneously

Tim

Jan 11, 2014 at 09:54 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · exif data?

The exceptions are if the exif has been stripped in post-processing, it won't matter what exif viewer you use.

Jan 12, 2014 at 01:03 AM
shane8168
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · exif data?

Thanks!

Jan 12, 2014 at 02:57 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · exif data?

Imagemaster wrote:
The exceptions are if the exif has been stripped in post-processing, it won't matter what exif viewer you use.

Yeah, I wish people would stop stripping it, I really don't get why people do this or maybe they just don't know they do it. Frustrating to say the least.

I use a plugin for Safari on Mac called ExifExt and it works by right-clicking and then will give option to show the Exif and it pops up in a black overlay on the image. Works good.

Jan 12, 2014 at 03:30 PM
JohnKS
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · exif data?

If you use Safari you can install an extension for your browser. I went to the Safari Extension Gallery at:

https://extensions.apple.com/en-us/

click on "More" to the right of the word "Entertainment" on the line that displays the different Extension categories, click on "Photo" scroll down on the left until you see "EXIF" and follow the instructions to install the extension.

The extension works well.

JohnKS

Jan 12, 2014 at 04:34 PM
shane8168
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · exif data?

arbitrage wrote:
Yeah, I wish people would stop stripping it, I really don't get why people do this or maybe they just don't know they do it. Frustrating to say the least.

I use a plugin for Safari on Mac called ExifExt and it works by right-clicking and then will give option to show the Exif and it pops up in a black overlay on the image. Works good.

I think I'm one of those "people" when I tried to view the data for one of my pictures here on FM it doesn't show up... No idea how the EXIF got stripped from mine. I wonder if it is a lightroom thing that I don't know about?

Jan 13, 2014 at 01:23 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · exif data?

shane8168 wrote:
I think I'm one of those "people" when I tried to view the data for one of my pictures here on FM it doesn't show up... No idea how the EXIF got stripped from mine. I wonder if it is a lightroom thing that I don't know about?

Not sure if Lightroom is the same, but if you "Save for Web" in Photoshop, it strips all the EXIF. To keep the EXIF intact, you have to "Save As".

Jan 13, 2014 at 01:31 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.