Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Sold: Canon 5D classic $450

c4change
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Canon 5D classic $450

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Canon 5D classic

Sold

Price: $450.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean

**If this doesn't sell by tomorrow I am keeping it.

**got many PMs asking me about shutter actuation and such, so I will just reply here instead of to each individually.

The camera was bought new from B&H in 2008. I bought it second hand from the original owner (a beautiful lady btw), about 2 months ago. Her estimate on shutter count is about eight thousands, to be on the safe side I want to say the camera is in 10k -15k range. I could have sent it in to have Canon check it, but I am not concerned with it at all so I didn't. I have since taken a couple hundred pictures with it. I bought the 5D so I have a second body with a dedicated wide angle IS lens on it, before I landed on a Leica else of course.

Here's the deal: feel free to send it in to have Canon get the shutter count. You may have them check the mirror anyway. (It looks like to have been fixed, but I am not 100% sure). If it's more than 15k I will take it back and refund you(within reasonable time of course). Again, I trust the original owner and by looking at the shutter curtain and the lens mount I think the reported usage is more or less accurate.

Serial number is 0720505686. I know. Was never concerned. Some people got hang up on internet hearsay and trivial details. I trust my face to face encounter. And also at this price, what do you have to loose? I am vouching my impeccable feedback on this camera.

As a matter of fact as I type this a though crossed my mind that maybe I should just keep it. So grab it before I change mind.

Downsizing. Got down to 1 Leica and 2 DSLRs. My casual hobby won't be needing both DSLRs so will sell either this or the D3.

Canon 5D in excellent condition. Some cosmetic wear but nothing major. See pictures for yourself. Includes everything shown in picture, plus one extra BP-511A battery (you get 2 in total). The mirror box has been fixed by Canon.

$450 plus $20 shipping. Paypal fee on buyer.

Edited on Apr 20, 2014 at 03:37 PM · View previous versions

Jan 10, 2014 at 05:35 PM
speakit101
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Canon 5D classic $450

shutter count?

Jan 10, 2014 at 07:55 PM
c4change
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Canon 5D classic $450

To all those who sent me PMs, please refer to the update for answers to your questions. Sorry I can't reply to each of you individually.

Jan 10, 2014 at 08:42 PM
phirehouse

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: Canon 5D classic $450

Holy crap already....A nice looking 5D with the box and it is still available? If I did not have three of these already, (The 5D is still my everyday system), I would have bought it the second it hit the forum. (and I am still tempted to buy this camera).

Jan 11, 2014 at 05:24 AM
c4change
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: Canon 5D classic $450

Sold to Jason (big country)

Jan 11, 2014 at 09:52 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.