Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · go pro or samsung S4 zoom?

khwaja
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · go pro or samsung S4 zoom?

Something light for walking around with... The D800 isn't getting much use... well, it's so huge

The goPro has that take me anywhere thing and amazing video, though people are complaining about the new hero3+ black having quite a few issues. With far objects not being in focus like the earlier models and it sometimes kills memory cards, especially 64GB ones...

Samsung S4 zoom for instant connectivity and i'm falling in love with instagram.
But its not as sturdy and i would like to have a camera for the water too being a swimmer.

what would you get?

Jan 09, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Hawkan
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · go pro or samsung S4 zoom?

They are two completely different products and not really comparable.

I have a GoPro HD, but I would never ever consider replacing a still camera with it. The still image quality just isn't there. The same goes for the HD Hero 3 which I have borrowed a couple of times. The number one selling point - to me - for the GoPro is the submersible case and that you can let it become pretty banged up without worrying too much about it. It is absolutely crap in low light. Very, very close to being completely useless when diving in murky waters.

For good still image quality and good video quality, consider a good compact camera or a mirrorless.

Jan 10, 2014 at 03:54 AM
khwaja
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · go pro or samsung S4 zoom?

the present gopro is an entirely different animal from the GoPro HD.
Most probably going with the gopro, i swim a lot and decided that it could really help me with my stroke.

but i will miss the galaxy zoom S4

P.S i'm selling my samyang 14mm to fund my purchase.

Jan 11, 2014 at 08:56 PM
RobAmy
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · go pro or samsung S4 zoom?

I have the Canon Powershot D20and have been really liking it. Granted it is not my Canon 1Dx but its waterproof and it is rugged. I used it under the ice in my pond and it worked great with not much light for video, I had it on a pole and could not see the screen. Here is a small video not the best but I did a quick edit on the iPad. I like it better then my Gopro.

Under the ice video

Jan 24, 2014 at 07:12 AM
Matt Bryant

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · go pro or samsung S4 zoom?

I'm guessing your talking about the samaung Galaxy s4 phone?
If that's the case I have both.

The gopro black hero 3+ is quite amazing. I know it's not my dslr but it takes some great pictures. I prefer it over my 70D sometimes.
I was asked to get photos of someone's new puppy. I was able to put the gopro on a stick and get 30 pictures in one second bursts of photos of the puppy jumping in the air. And all at ground level.
And it's frame rates for video is great too.

The phone has a great camera too. I think it has 13 megapixles. But the phones screen enhances the image so much that nobody can enjoy that image on their phone as much as you will on yours. It's a great phone haha

The phone and the gopro paired together are a lot of fun to. The gopro app makes the gopro super user friendly

Feb 22, 2014 at 02:04 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.