Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5      
       7       end

Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Mikael Risedal
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #1 · p.6 #1 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

kewlcanon wrote:
Do you need it to become a decent photographer ? .

I don't know, what do you think?

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:25 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.6 #2 · p.6 #2 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

and you call Lars a fanboy..that's not a personal attack huh ?. Are you stupid ? .

Mikael Risedal wrote:
well my friend, DXO and I have a different view, more personal attacks?

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:26 PM
Mikael Risedal
• •
p.6 #3 · p.6 #3 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Its so fuc... fanny, all i want to know is, when are Canon coming with a high resolution camera with a great DR as for example in Nikon d800 , and I have like others many L lenses waiting for a high resolution camera and then I get insulted from all canon fan boys

You can call me stupid if you want. go ahead, where are a high resolution camera from Canon

Edited on Jan 11, 2014 at 11:34 PM · View previous versions

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:30 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.6 #4 · p.6 #4 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

They might listen to you if you are a really good photographer...I guess they don't .

Mikael Risedal wrote:
Its so fuc... fanny, all i want to know is, when are Canon coming with a high resolution camera with a great DR as for example Nikon d800 , and I have like others many L lenses waiting for a high resolution camera and then I get insulted of canon fan boys

You can call me stupid if you want. go ahead, where are a high resolution camera from Canon

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Mikael Risedal
• •
p.6 #5 · p.6 #5 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

What has that to do with high resolution and great DR camera ?
you are now attacking me as a person, and not the issue , why?

Edited on Jan 11, 2014 at 11:38 PM · View previous versions

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:34 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.6 #6 · p.6 #6 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

I think you need to talk to a shrink... best of luck .

Mikael Risedal wrote:
What have that to do with high resolution and great DR ?
you are now attacking me as a person, and not the issue , why?

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Mikael Risedal
• •
p.6 #7 · p.6 #7 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

another personal attack, thanks

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:39 PM
SteveF
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #8 · p.6 #8 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Hmm. Firmware issue goes ad hominem.

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:39 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.6 #9 · p.6 #9 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Another indication you have brain damage, you call people fanboys...do you know that's considered a personal attack or you just a hypocrite ? .

Mikael Risedal wrote:
another personal attack, thanks

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:41 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.6 #10 · p.6 #10 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Mikael Risedal
- more of the same
- action required
- click 'HIDE ME' option
- clicking
- action complete
- thread restored

BYE BYE

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Mikael Risedal
• •
p.6 #11 · p.6 #11 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

I do not understand why so many opiners are in the Canon camp, many with little experience by comparison, but still assume the right to claim that everything Canon makes is the best. so where are my high resolution camera from Canon?
I give you 100USD to point out where I can find one canon camera 24x36mm with the same resolution as my d800 and have the same DR and color depth at base iso.

Edited on Jan 11, 2014 at 11:51 PM · View previous versions

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:46 PM
Mikael Risedal
• •
p.6 #12 · p.6 #12 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

kewlcanon wrote:
Another indication you have brain damage, you call people fanboys...do you know that's considered a personal attack or you just a hypocrite ? .

thanks, brain damage etc etc

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:48 PM
mitesh
• • • •
p.6 #13 · p.6 #13 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Mikael Risedal wrote:
I do not understand why so many opiners are in the Canon camp, many with little ergarenhet by comparison, but still assume the right to claim that everything Canon makes the best. so where are my high resolution camera from Canon?
I give you 100USD to point out where I can find one with the same resolution as my d800 and have the same DR and color depth at base iso.

Mikael,

Let's bring an end to the madness, shall we? Nobody on this forum has the answer to your question. We understand that you feel such a camera is required for your work. Continuing to bombard these forums with this negativity will not bring you your desired camera. You can be upset at Canon all you want- that's fine. But understand that many of us are content and have no need to share in your displeasure.

You've made your point hundreds of times now. Let's move on, please.

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:52 PM
Larate
• •
p.6 #14 · p.6 #14 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

The first time I read him, I thought its complaint might be understandable (after all, we have our own requirements / wishes...), although his Show was a bit too much for me and sounded more of a child fad (I have plenty of L lenses, thus I deserve the body I want).
The second time I read him, I felt the not so enjoyable déjà vu experience : the same talk or should I say the same bawling. Not ready to accept other opinions but his. Well all quiet on the western front!
Today, I expected to find useful information about the new 1Dx firmware, not reading another poor and watery copy of the never ending story!
Since I have so many things to do (maybe because I don't have so many lenses or simply I learnt to appreciate what I had right now in my hands) and do not want to loose my time reading him again and again, I'm going to use the hide feature of this forum for the first time. Alas, I will not know when Canon hears his plea! :')

Back to the new firmware. Is there anyone using DSLR Controller with her/his 1Dx? Is this software still working with the new firmware? I heard someone had troubles since he upgraded his body. Thanks.

Jan 12, 2014 at 02:35 AM
NCAndy
• • •
p.6 #15 · p.6 #15 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Did updating the firmware delete any camera settings? MA settings? Reset to default settings? I've never had a problem before with my settings being lost but this new firmware is a major change which can't be negated, so I'm just wondering. Thanks.

Jan 12, 2014 at 03:22 AM
stanj
• • • • •
p.6 #16 · p.6 #16 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

NCAndy wrote:
Did updating the firmware delete any camera settings? MA settings? Reset to default settings? I've never had a problem before with my settings being lost but this new firmware is a major change which can't be negated, so I'm just wondering. Thanks.

Why not first "Save settings to CF card" via the aptly named function, and then restore them?

Jan 12, 2014 at 03:25 AM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.6 #17 · p.6 #17 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Mikael Risedal wrote:
Cant you tell your technical friends at Canon that Im waiting for a high resolution Canon camera with great DR and color depth. 18Mp and 10-15 pictures/sec is not what i want.

https://picasaweb.google.com/106266083120070292876/ZeissOtusAt14MaybeTheBest5060mmLensEverMade?authkey=Gv1sRgCOCB46_Bl_ju6gE
This is 36Mp with a manual lens called Otus
And yes, I have 11 fairly good L lenses waiting for a no spray and pray camera with more than 18- 21 Mp

What has this to do with the latest firmware update Your whining in every thread is so boring.

Jan 12, 2014 at 04:11 AM
NCAndy
• • •
p.6 #18 · p.6 #18 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

stanj wrote:
Why not first "Save settings to CF card" via the aptly named function, and then restore them?

I have done that in the past. I just wondered it anyone had an issue with this version upload or if the saved settings would be recognized by the new firmware. There are new settings in this release.

Jan 12, 2014 at 04:16 AM
KKFung
• • •
p.6 #19 · p.6 #19 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Mikael Risedal wrote:
Cant you tell your technical friends at Canon that Im waiting for a high resolution Canon camera with great DR and color depth. 18Mp and 10-15 pictures/sec is not what i want.

https://picasaweb.google.com/106266083120070292876/ZeissOtusAt14MaybeTheBest5060mmLensEverMade?authkey=Gv1sRgCOCB46_Bl_ju6gE
This is 36Mp with a manual lens called Otus
And yes, I have 11 fairly good L lenses waiting for a no spray and pray camera with more than 18- 21 Mp

Hi Mikael,

I can see the orange peel effect in the photos, is it direct Jpeg from the D800?

Jan 12, 2014 at 08:31 AM
Stoffer
• • •
p.6 #20 · p.6 #20 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

NCAndy wrote:
I have done that in the past. I just wondered it anyone had an issue with this version upload or if the saved settings would be recognized by the new firmware. There are new settings in this release.

Good point, I would be wary of doing it. But I'm the kind of guy that do a clean install of my computer's OS once in a while.

Jan 12, 2014 at 11:02 AM
       7       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

7       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password