Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4              6       7       end

Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Doctorbird
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Wonder why they say 'minimum' shutter speed when it should be 'maximum'.

Better not do the upgrade yet.

Db

Jan 09, 2014 at 06:31 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

I'm surprised Canon went the firmware route, when they could have discontinued the 1Dx, released a new model with an "s" at the end of the name, and charged more money for it... like some other camera makers do.

Jan 09, 2014 at 06:36 PM
BobnJake
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Just finished installing the new Firmware, is it just me, or do others almost try to hold your breath for the whole 7 minutes while it's updating

Bob

Jan 09, 2014 at 07:11 PM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

BobnJake wrote:
Just finished installing the new Firmware, is it just me, or do others almost try to hold your breath for the whole 7 minutes while it's updating

Bob

No it's not just you and these days I ensure I have the lens off and a genuine just-charged Canon battery also after they made the clone ones refuse to work after firmware updates

Jan 09, 2014 at 07:14 PM
Stoffer
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Ok guys, let us have som first impressions on the AF in low light. I won't have time to do the update before the weekend:

Jan 09, 2014 at 07:18 PM
jcmedeiros
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

I just updated mine. The low light AF is definitely better. The EV compensation in M/Auto ISO also works perfectly. I'll have to test out the AF updates later.

Jan 09, 2014 at 07:57 PM
BostonGreg
• • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

How exactly do I do this myself? I had CPS do the last one at WPPI in Vegas. I downloaded the firmware and dragged it to my desktop. Now do I put that onto a clean (fresh formatted) CF card and insert into the camera?

Jan 09, 2014 at 07:58 PM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

BostonGreg wrote:
How exactly do I do this myself? I had CPS do the last one at WPPI in Vegas. I downloaded the firmware and dragged it to my desktop. Now do I put that onto a clean (fresh formatted) CF card and insert into the camera?

There are full instruction on the website which you should read.

But basically put the expanded file into the root directory on the memory card with a fully charged battery, take the lens off, switch the camera on and migrate to the firmware menu item and press set then follow the prompts. Don't touch anything while it's updating

Once it's finished turn the camera off and drop the battery out for a few seconds. all done

Jan 09, 2014 at 08:00 PM
Stoffer
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

jcmedeiros wrote:
I just updated mine. The low light AF is definitely better. The EV compensation in M/Auto ISO also works perfectly. I'll have to test out the AF updates later.

Thanks, good news!

Jan 09, 2014 at 08:03 PM
jcmedeiros
• • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Greg,

There is a PDF with the firmware that explains how to do it. The most important thing is to use a freshly/fully charged battery when doing it so there are no interruptions. The firmware update process will do a parity check to make sure the file on the CF is good and loaded properly.

Regards,
Jay

Jan 09, 2014 at 08:07 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jwasacz

p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Without a card reader, I tether to computer via USB cable and update firmware via EOS Utility.

Jan 09, 2014 at 08:14 PM
Vancouver47
• •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

jwasacz wrote:
Without a card reader, I tether to computer via USB cable and update firmware via EOS Utility.

With a Mac perhaps. With any Windows system. Never. Buy a card reader if you're forced to load from a PC.

Jan 09, 2014 at 08:26 PM
joonrhee
• •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

AF in low light definitely improved. I'm mostly stoked because of this enhancement. It's not a 1DIV low light performer anymore!! This is a whole new beast!! Dare I say, best low light AI Servo AF camera today?

Jan 09, 2014 at 08:45 PM
Constable
• •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

It works perfectly by selecting 10.8 .....Just upgraded two bodies without any hitch

Ed

Jan 09, 2014 at 08:47 PM
John P Mulgrew
• • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

I get to try mine later at a CYO Bball game at a gym with real crappy lighting If it's supposed to be better in low light then does that mean its also better in good light or does it stay the same?

Jan 09, 2014 at 08:49 PM
BostonGreg
• • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Thank you so much jc! It was super easy-just finishing up now! I actually got so mad that my 1DX would not focus in AI SERVO and I thought my camera was broken. I sent to CPS and they said "this is just how it is" and said my camera was fine. Needless to say, this update is HUGE for wedding photographers. Going out to test the new focus now

Jan 09, 2014 at 09:50 PM
OntheRez
• • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

John P Mulgrew wrote:
I get to try mine later at a CYO Bball game at a gym with real crappy lighting If it's supposed to be better in low light then does that mean its also better in good light or does it stay the same?

Since I also live in your same dark world, please report back. I'm always hesitant to upgrade anything until you brave "beta" testers report back alive and well.

Robert

Jan 09, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Vancouver47
• •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

A bit off track but... when I opened the 1Dx body firmware update menu with lens attached a second firmware for the 24-70 MkII lens was listed. Are there user lens firmware files available?

display Update Camera Firmware
as needed
Camera Ver.1.1.24
Lens Ver.1.0.2

Jan 09, 2014 at 10:25 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

John P Mulgrew wrote:

OntheRez wrote:
Since I also live in your same dark world, please report back. I'm always hesitant to upgrade anything until you brave "beta" testers report back alive and well.

Robert

Come on, Robert!

You're talking about your sweet, first new camera. Surely, you'll try anything...

I heard that somebody on Facebook has a friend who knows somebody on LinkedIn that posted a thread on DPR that has a link to a patch that enables you to use ISO 256M on your 1DX.

You in?

Jan 09, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Vancouver47 wrote:
With a Mac perhaps. With any Windows system. Never. Buy a card reader if you're forced to load from a PC.

Jan 09, 2014 at 10:33 PM
1       2      

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password