Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              6       7       end

Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update
Canon has released a firmware update for the EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera.

Eleven new changes/improvements are included in firmware v2.0.3.
The most important are: Improved auto focusing performance under low-light conditions, new acceleration/deceleration tracking parameters, exposure compensation while using manual exposure with auto ISO and addition of 1/8000s for the minimum shutter speed limit in auto ISO.

Details:
  1. Auto focusing performance under low-light conditions has been enhanced when performing focusing before shooting in AI Servo AF mode. The enhancement comes from the improvement in tracking capability for the first image in the low-light conditions.
  2. The number of release parameters settings for the “AI Servo AF 2nd image priority” AF function has been increased to enable improved AF tracking in low light or maintain consistent high frames rates during continuous shooting.
  3. The number of parameters for acceleration/deceleration tracking in the AF Configuration Tool will has been increased.
  4. Exposure compensation can be performed when using manual exposure and ISO Auto.
    The minimum shutter speed limit for ISO Auto has been increased with shutter speeds up to 1/8000.
  5. A new function to keep the exposure constant by altering the ISO or shutter speed in manual exposure, when the aperture value changes when zooming or changing lenses has been added.
  6. A new option has been added to orientation linked AF point to enable only the AF point to switch as you change orientation rather than both AF point/ AF area settings
  7. A new option to continue to use the previously manually selected AF point as the initial starting AF point when switching to 61-point automatic selection has been added.
  8. New customization of the Exposure metering and AF controls has been added for more flexibility.
  9. The number of possibilities for controls to switch between one-shot AF and AI Servo AF using custom controls has been increased.
  10. A function has been added to allow the playback and review of protected images only.
  11. A phenomenon has been fixed in which the white balance may be disturbed by the timing of the shutter release when the drive mode is single shooting and a flash (E-TTL)is used.

Firmware Version 2.0.3 is for cameras with firmware Version 1.2.4 or earlier. If the camera's firmware is already Version 2.0.3, it is not necessary to update the firmware. When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.

Notes:
  • Once the EOS-1D X camera is updated to Version 2.0.3, it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.2 through 1.2.4).
  • It is recommended that the latest application software be used, once the EOS-1D X is updated to the new Firmware Version 2.0.3 from older firmware (Versions 1.0.2 through 1.2.4). Certain previous versions of these applications do not support functions which are added by the new firmware. You can download the latest application software from our Web site.
  • Accompanying the enhancements to the functions, the instruction manual has also been revised. Users are asked to download both the latest firmware and the instruction manual. You can download the latest instruction manual from our Web site.

Download Firmware Version 2.0.3

Jan 09, 2014 at 02:04 AM
Photon
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Hurrah! These two features alone would make this newsworthy:

"Exposure compensation can be performed when using manual exposure and ISO Auto.
The minimum shutter speed limit for ISO Auto has been increased with shutter speeds up to 1/8000."

Jan 09, 2014 at 02:09 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Awesome news and about the best announcement from Canon in 12 months. Let's hope many of these features are included in a future 5D III FW upgrade and heck even 1D IV should get a subset of these features.

Jan 09, 2014 at 02:13 AM
Photon
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Pixel Perfect wrote:
Awesome news and about the best announcement from Canon in 12 months. Let's hope many of these features are included in a future 5D III FW upgrade and heck even 1D IV should get a subset of these features.

+1
I'm almost done with the update loading now, but will only be able to report whether I "brick" the camera, as it will be a few days before I can do any shooting with this body.

Jan 09, 2014 at 02:25 AM
vivisha
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

I guess this means I won't sell/trade my 1DX

Jan 09, 2014 at 02:29 AM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Windows 8.1 x64 users....downselect to windows 8 and then you'll see the firmware for download.

Jan 09, 2014 at 02:33 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Excellent, love it.

Jan 09, 2014 at 02:47 AM
Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Sunny Sra wrote:
Windows 8.1 x64 users....downselect to windows 8 and then you'll see the firmware for download.

Thanks Sunny

Tim

Jan 09, 2014 at 03:17 AM
acoll123
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Didn't see it for OS X . . .

Jan 09, 2014 at 03:20 AM
acoll123
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

acoll123 wrote:
Didn't see it for OS X . . .

OS X 10.9 - it is there for 10.8 . . . Wonder if it matters . . . .

Jan 09, 2014 at 03:21 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

arbitrage
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Oooooohhhhhhh yeeeeaahhhhh....I'd almost forgot about this...............

Jan 09, 2014 at 03:29 AM
NCAndy
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

acoll123 wrote:

I can't see how the firmware would care but I'm going to wait until I can call Canon. I have another Mac with 10.8 that I could use if it's an issue.

Jan 09, 2014 at 03:32 AM
Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Great news, thanks Fred

Jan 09, 2014 at 03:38 AM
WarrenL
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

The Canon website does not have the latest drivers or downloads in the latest OS versions for some reason. Go back one OS to get what you are looking for.

I was looking for the EOS Digital Solution Disk and it is not listed under Mac 10.9 but is for 10.8 and below.

Jan 09, 2014 at 03:46 AM
thedigitalbean
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

acoll123 wrote:

It doesn't matter select 10.8 manually and download the firmware its just a DMG with the firmware file you copy to a CF card.

Jan 09, 2014 at 03:48 AM
thedigitalbean
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Updated my 1DX, finally have EC in M with auto ISO. I loved working this way in low light and its awesome I can do it with my 1DX now. Quickly tried the 85L in low light and focus appears to be great, not that I had complaints before.

Jan 09, 2014 at 03:49 AM
snapsy
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

I wish this came out a few hours earlier...I was just in the Canon booth at CES and would have asked when/if these additions might be available for the 5DM3. I was standing just a few feet away from Chuck Westfall...the real one

Jan 09, 2014 at 03:53 AM
xtralight

p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Yeepeee! Now my 1Dx is performing as expected in AiServo in very low light situation!

Jan 09, 2014 at 04:16 AM
ggreene
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Installed the new FW and low light low contrast AF lock is definitely better for static subjects in both AI Servo and One Shot. For very low contrast subjects AI Servo still hunts sometimes but is better then before. One Shot locks on solidly even on extremely low contrast stuff. Pretty happy with that improvement as I created a thread on this forum about it.

Won't be able to test AF tracking till Friday night when I go to a hockey game. I've never bothered with auto ISO but I might give that a shot as well.

Jan 09, 2014 at 04:26 AM
XDCAMan

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Canon EOS-1D X firmware 2.0.3 update

Give you guys an idea on firmware update cost.... I have technician friend high up in the Canon hierarchy and he tells me an update like this or say one by Fuji cost on average $100,000 & up to write and implement (test, revise etc...). Now you see why firmware updates are not released every 3 to 6 months.

Enjoy.

Jan 09, 2014 at 04:59 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password