Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       5       end

Introducing the Nikon Duh

Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Introducing the Nikon Duh

In keeping with our ongoing policy of not filling in obvious gaps in our line-up while excessively itterating up-to-date bodies, we are proud to introduce to you the Nikon Duh.

The Duh is an exciting update of the Df with the D610 sensor but the D600 shutter. We regret that the additional MP of this new sensor means that FPS will now be only 4 with a 1/2 second buffer ... but hey, it's retro and awesome ... Duh!

And better yet, we will introduce the camera with yet another 50mm lens; this time a nice retro looking 50mm f/2 AFS with not only a fake silver aperature ring, but a fake painted DOF scale too!

Body and lens can be bought for the low price of $3500 ... and if you act now, we will throw in a fake leather camera case, absolutely free (just pay seperate processing of $99.99)

Yours Truly, Nikon!

Any guesses on how the D4s and D3300 announcements are making me feel?

Jan 08, 2014 at 05:54 PM
playerofwar
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Introducing the Nikon Duh

Please stop this nonsense!
If the only thing you can do is moan about Nikon, go elsewhere please.
There is always room for improvement and there will always be a gap between what consumers want and what companies give us. That's life in our kapitalist world.

Jan 08, 2014 at 06:01 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Introducing the Nikon Duh

playerofwar wrote:
Please stop this nonsense!
If the only thing you can do is moan about Nikon, go elsewhere please.
There is always room for improvement and there will always be a gap between what consumers want and what companies give us. That's life in our kapitalist world.

Every heard of parody or sarcasm? If you don't like what I post, go elsewhere please.

Jan 08, 2014 at 06:05 PM
funwithlight
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Introducing the Nikon Duh

You must have mistaken fm forums for dpreview forums.

Jan 08, 2014 at 06:11 PM
Trevorma
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Introducing the Nikon Duh

Andre Labonte wrote:
Every heard of parody or sarcasm? If you don't like what I post, go elsewhere please.

There is sarcasm and then there is obsessing.....

You have a D400 thread where you are all over Nikon for the lack of a D400, then you posted in the D4s thread about your feelings regarding the lack of a D400, now this one......

Here is a thought: Did it ever occur to you that Nikon does not view a l D400 (or a Pro DX format DLSR) as a need anymore?

I hear Canon has some good stuff these days..... maybe they have a pro DX body

Jan 08, 2014 at 06:12 PM
MitchSC
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Introducing the Nikon Duh

Trevorma wrote:
Here is a thought: Did it ever occur to you that Nikon does not view a l D400 (or a Pro DX format DLSR) as a need anymore?

IMHO that was decided by D300 users going to FF

Jan 08, 2014 at 06:26 PM
VinnieJ
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Introducing the Nikon Duh

Trevorma wrote:
I hear Canon has some good stuff these days..... maybe they have a pro DX body

Canon users have the same problem!

@Andre
Just find out when Canon will release the 7D Mark II and the D400 will be sure to follow.

Jan 08, 2014 at 06:27 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Introducing the Nikon Duh

VinnieJ wrote:
Canon users have the same problem!

@Andre
Just find out when Canon will release the 7D Mark II and the D400 will be sure to follow.

Thanks Vinnie, but it seems Canon is not much better at projecting a clear line-up these days.

Too bad people are not taking my post as the toungh and cheek joke it was meant to be ... maybe some of the forum old-timer that know me better will get it. Such is life.

Jan 08, 2014 at 06:30 PM
runamuck
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Introducing the Nikon Duh

The joke is getting old and stale. At some point even a comic routine starts to sound like a harangue if it goes on long enough.

Jan 08, 2014 at 07:00 PM
Kell
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Introducing the Nikon Duh

the Duh part made me chuckle...I really do love my Nikon gear...just wish I didn't need to consider buying two bodies to accomplish everything I need...yeah, could get the D4 to do everything but it's way bigger than i want...frustrating but that's life...is what it is

Jan 08, 2014 at 07:02 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

lxdesign
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Introducing the Nikon Duh

Andre, are you still bitter about the lack of a D400?

Jan 08, 2014 at 07:08 PM
VinnieJ
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Introducing the Nikon Duh

The D4s will have a 24MP DX sensor! That's why they haven't announced which sensor it has yet!

(sorry couldn't resist )

Jan 08, 2014 at 07:29 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Introducing the Nikon Duh

lxdesign wrote:
Andre, are you still bitter about the lack of a D400?

No, that's the funny thing, I'm not bitter at all ... so long as my D300 keeps working fine and does not need to be replaced. But if Nikon is going to spend so much time and effort on generating new bodies, I'd rather see them flesh the line out, even if its with bodies I'll never use. e.g. a D4X or a D800h or even put more time into updating some long in tooth lenses or flesh out the DX and CX lens line-ups. To me it makes good business sense.

BUT, the D400 or lack thereof was NOT the point of this thread at all ... people really missed the mark on the humor (or lack thereof )

The point: you can still get D3100 brand new and the D3300 was just announced!!!! Really? And the D4 which seems like a fairly new body to more (especially at the pro level) is being reved already? So using some silly logic, as Nikon seems to be doing, the next logical thing to rev is the Df ... thus the idea of the Duh!

Jan 08, 2014 at 07:46 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Introducing the Nikon Duh

Kell wrote:
the Duh part made me chuckle...I really do love my Nikon gear...just wish I didn't need to consider buying two bodies to accomplish everything I need...yeah, could get the D4 to do everything but it's way bigger than i want...frustrating but that's life...is what it is

You know what, I love my Nikon gear too and despite all my pining for a D400, I just bought a Nikon 10-24DX, so I must not be that upset ... until my D300 dies that is.

Now if I could just escape the house and kids and work long enough to go use it for some real landscape shots and not just test shots ... this weekend I'm thing I may just be able to do that!

Jan 08, 2014 at 07:50 PM
tdong
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Introducing the Nikon Duh

what's happened to the phrase "it 's the photographers and not the gear" ?

anyway i still enjoy the DF while others are still bickering

Jan 08, 2014 at 07:55 PM
lxdesign
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Introducing the Nikon Duh

Andre Labonte wrote:
The point: you can still get D3100 brand new and the D3300 was just announced!!!! Really? And the D4 which seems like a fairly new body to more (especially at the pro level) is being reved already? So using some silly logic, as Nikon seems to be doing, the next logical thing to rev is the Df ... thus the idea of the Duh!

Andre, I understand where you are coming from..... I too was surprised Nikon was replacing the D4 so quickly... but they always seem to do this right before an Olympic Games .. so maybe the trend was not so off.

Jan 08, 2014 at 07:59 PM
JoshI
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Introducing the Nikon Duh

I pointed the same thing out in the D4s thread, but I'll do it again here. I don't understand being upset at Nikon for refreshing product lines on schedule. The D3s was released 26 months after the D3. When the D4s is actually released it will have been 25 months since the release of the D4. The D3200 was released 20 months after the D3100. The D3300 was released 21 months after the D3200. They're not just refreshing bodies willy-nilly.

Josh

Jan 08, 2014 at 08:32 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Introducing the Nikon Duh

JoshI wrote:
I pointed the same thing out in the D4s thread, but I'll do it again here. I don't understand being upset at Nikon for refreshing product lines on schedule. The D3s was released 26 months after the D3. When the D4s is actually released it will have been 25 months since the release of the D4. The D3200 was released 20 months after the D3100. The D3300 was released 21 months after the D3200. They're not just refreshing bodies willy-nilly.

Josh

Good points, but does that schedule make much sense when:

1 -- two generations of product of the preceeding models is still on the shelves
2 -- there are numerous gaps in the line-up where expected bodies have not been updated per the schedule.

Time to think outside the box in terms of timing I'd think.

Jan 08, 2014 at 08:39 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Introducing the Nikon Duh

tdong wrote:
what's happened to the phrase "it 's the photographers and not the gear" ?

anyway i still enjoy the DF while others are still bickering

but this is specifically a GEAR forum

Jan 08, 2014 at 08:39 PM
Trevorma
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Introducing the Nikon Duh

Andre Labonte wrote
2 -- there are numerous gaps in the line-up where expected bodies have not been updated per the schedule.

Again, this is YOUR OPINION. Maybe Nikon does not want to continue it's PRO DX line. Maybe they (Nikon) feel that if the D7100 is not for you, then you should go FX..... Maybe Nikon does not see the world the way YOU do....

The longer Nikon goes without a PRO DX DSLR refresh the more I am leaning towards Nikon feeling they don't have any gaps in their line-up and you are going to be left hoping for something that will never come......

Jan 08, 2014 at 08:47 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password