Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Sold: Mint Canon 1D Classic $469.00

veroman
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Mint Canon 1D Classic $469.00

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Mint Canon 1D 4MP

Sold

Price: $469.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9+ Shows little or no signs of wear
Shipping instructions: FedEx Ground insured

This Canon 1D Classic has been my personal, high-speed camera and has proven to be exceptional in every respect. I hate to let it go, but it's not seeing enough use to justify holding onto it.

The camera looks, feels and handles just like new. The camera comes with the Canon E-1 leather hand strap (as shown), Canon neck strap, OEM Firewire cable, two batteries and the charger, all in excellent condition. The rear LCD screen has been protected by a Giottos glass LCD cover and is free of any scratches or other marks.

If a high speed, weather-sealed pro body with absolute focus accuracy is what you need, this camera will do the job ... and then some. The 1D Classic still holds its own against many cameras made today. That's why I call it my "Miracle Camera." See these posts with image samples:

Here are some very interesting facts about the 1D Classic:
• It features a CCD sensor instead of a CMOS sensor
• It's the only Canon SLR (film or digital) to have an X-sync speed of up to 1/500 of a second
• It's the only Canon SLR (film or digital) to have a shutter speed of up to 1/16000 of a second
• Computer connectivity is provided via an IEEE 1394 (Firewire) connection, as USB was still only on version 1.1 at the time of the camera's release, which was far too slow for transferring large amounts of high-resolution image files
• The 1D includes a microphone for voice annotation. This feature had been present in the earlier DCS and D2000 models, and was retained on later Canon models. It was added to the 5D line on the 5D Mark II
• It uses an externally-mounted white balance sensor
• The 1D was the first Canon DSLR to store 9,999 images to one folder, a feature that eventually became the standard for subsequent Canon products (from its compact point and shoots to prosumer DSLR cameras)

I sell and ship only to residents of the Continental United States. Absolutely no international shipments or sales. Please don't ask. You are assured that the camera will be expertly packed for no-damage shipping and will be fully insured. I'm open to offers, but please be reasonable. The camera is like new!

Thanks for looking.

Edited on Jan 23, 2014 at 08:27 AM · View previous versions

Jan 08, 2014 at 10:21 AM
John Rafalski
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Mint Canon 1D Classic $469.00

Hi Steve,
In terms of "interesting facts" you may want to include that there are several very highly regarded older Sigma APO lenses (300mm f4 and 400mm f5.6 are just two) that only operate wide open on the majority of Canon digital SLRs except for the 1D (and 1DS) due to chip firmware within the lenses. I keep a 1D just so I can continue to use these at all apertures. And, for an older body, the 1D still rocks when it comes to AF and Image Quality!!
GLWS!!
JR

Jan 14, 2014 at 09:11 AM
veroman
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Mint Canon 1D Classic $469.00

John Rafalski wrote:
Hi Steve,
In terms of "interesting facts" you may want to include that there are several very highly regarded older Sigma APO lenses (300mm f4 and 400mm f5.6 are just two) that only operate wide open on the majority of Canon digital SLRs except for the 1D (and 1DS) due to chip firmware within the lenses. I keep a 1D just so I can continue to use these at all apertures. And, for an older body, the 1D still rocks when it comes to AF and Image Quality!!
GLWS!!
JR

Thanks John. That, too, is a very interesting fact!

Jan 15, 2014 at 08:58 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.