Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Some snaps from my trip to Taiwan and Hong Kong

justindong
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Some snaps from my trip to Taiwan and Hong Kong

It's winter holiday in university now so I spent the better part of four weeks in Taiwan, followed by a brief visit to Hong Kong. I've been to Taipei before but have never seen the rest of Taiwan. And I've also been to Hong Kong before, but it's always fun to revisit old scenes and try and see if you can top what you did before.

Here are a few shots from the trip. Unfortunately, the Taiwan ones are only from Taipei as I still have a ton of pictures to sort through. All shots were taken with the D600 and 18-35/3.5-5.6G lens, except the second one, which was with the 28/1.8G

A sunset over Taipei. I'm normally a big fan of panoramas but I'm just not sure my vantage point warranted it.

Taipei (I) by justindong, on Flickr

I do this a lot too...

Taipei (IV) by justindong, on Flickr

We hiked up to see the fireworks on New Years Eve. I had a terrible spot...I think most of the locals got there either in the morning or the previous day to stake out the prime areas...something I absolutely was not willing to do. So this was the result...it was so crowded up on that hill that I'm happy I was able to even get my tripod down at all.

Taipei (II) by justindong, on Flickr

And now for a couple of HK pics. I was really fortunate to have gone up at sunrise on my first day there since HK was a smoggy mess for the rest of my stay. Even on that same day, you couldn't even see Victoria Harbor from the peak at sunset. This first one is with the city lights still on. Another shot here (a bit more cloud definition in this one)

Victoria Peak (II) by justindong, on Flickr

And after the sun rose

Victoria Peak Sunrise (IV) by justindong, on Flickr

Jan 08, 2014 at 11:30 AM
Kell
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Some snaps from my trip to Taiwan and Hong Kong

2-5 are neat interesting captures, looks like it was a cool trip..nice work

Jan 08, 2014 at 01:06 PM
2of9
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Some snaps from my trip to Taiwan and Hong Kong

Wow. Great pictures but that smog is just absurd. You could barely see the rest of the skyline.

Jan 08, 2014 at 02:21 PM
J.Liu

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Some snaps from my trip to Taiwan and Hong Kong

Did you take a trip to Keelung or Taroko?

Jan 08, 2014 at 02:27 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

cebseb
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Some snaps from my trip to Taiwan and Hong Kong

Very nice! I'm actually in Kuala Lumpur right now, but I came from Taipei last week. I'll be in Hong Kong in a few days. I know what you mean about the smog. It plagues almost every one of my photos. The only decent one I managed is the one below. That shot of HK is great!

Jan 08, 2014 at 03:33 PM
gugs
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Some snaps from my trip to Taiwan and Hong Kong

Very nice pano from the peak !

Guy

Jan 08, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Chris Court
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Some snaps from my trip to Taiwan and Hong Kong

I really like these! The HK sunrise from the peak is a new take (to me) of a well worn view. Very nice indeed.

C

Jan 10, 2014 at 04:19 AM
ytwong
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Some snaps from my trip to Taiwan and Hong Kong

Nice, sunrise in Hong Kong... As one living in Hong Kong, I have never able to get up early, go to the peak and see sunrise there

We have more clear days during summer, when the wind is coming from the south/east rather than from mainland China.

Jan 10, 2014 at 06:30 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password