Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Import or grey market Service in US?

3D.Doug
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Import or grey market Service in US?

Can anyone tell me, is there a reliable way to know you can get service on a lens that is purchased from Nikon Canada, so is therefore an import here? I would have no receipt.

So, it's an import from Canada, there's no receipt, but will Nikon service it? can they look up the serial and see that it was a Canadian lens since normally they would service it with a receipt?

Lastly, anybody that can work on big lenses that is not Nikon? AF lenses?

Thanks for any info, trying to make a buying decision, and just want to be assured I can get service since every large lens I have ever owned has required service except my 200VR.

Thanks.
Doug

Jan 07, 2014 at 11:43 PM
MikeW
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Import or grey market Service in US?

best bet is to call them rather than rely on the interwebs peeps to satisfy your concern

Jan 08, 2014 at 12:06 AM
3D.Doug
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Import or grey market Service in US?

Mike, I called Nikon about a lens from Canada and they blew me off. Would not even listen to a serial number to see if it was on a list of approved serial #s. They in short, would not work on the lens without a receipt from the dealer.

I am trying to get any info anyone has concerning Canada or other Import lens repairs in US. I cannot buy a major purchase import lens until my concerns for post purchase service are alleviated.

My reason for posting, was not to be referred back to do it myself, it was to hopefully draw on someone's personal experience. I am sure import lenses have required repair for some members. Hoping someone can tell me who worked on their lens successfully, etc...

Doug

Jan 08, 2014 at 09:28 AM
frdjohns
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Import or grey market Service in US?

You can use APS Authorized Photo Service to service any Nikon equipment. They don't care if it is import or not; highly recommended for good service. If you have questions - give them a call to ensure they service the particular lens you are interested in.

I dropped a D300 once and they had it repaired and back to me in the same week.

Authorized Photo Service
8125 N River Drive. Suite 100
Morton Grove, IL 60053 USA
Phone: 800-406-2046, 847-966-4091

Jan 08, 2014 at 10:17 AM
teddoman
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Import or grey market Service in US?

Good to know there are service options out there. When I looked into this, I realized Nikon's warranty terms are very strict and they won't service grey market w/o a purchase receipt from a Nikon dealer.

Jan 09, 2014 at 04:00 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.