Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       5       6       7       end

Nikon D4S @ CES Show

aztwang1
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Nikon D4S @ CES Show

tdong wrote:
i don't know why you would think the d4s will have new sensor it is the same 16mb sensor. otherwise it would be called d5.

Incorrect i believe.... the advancement of the D3 to D3s was a new sensor

Jan 08, 2014 at 12:50 AM
Dan Bellyk
• • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Nikon D4S @ CES Show

notice how sloppy the "S" is, they just used a D4 to get them by for another 6 months and painted it on....

Jan 08, 2014 at 12:51 AM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Nikon D4S @ CES Show

The "S" may have been added locally -- at a nail shop.

And right behind it is the American market model D00fUS.

Jan 08, 2014 at 01:07 AM
MRomine
• • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Nikon D4S @ CES Show

What's the deal with introducing a new camera but keeping the specs secret?

Jan 08, 2014 at 04:42 AM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Nikon D4S @ CES Show

I just want to know if they are going to use XQD cards again, or if they are already fazing them out.

And the rest of the specs as well.

Jan 08, 2014 at 05:06 AM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Nikon D4S @ CES Show

phase them out possibly? there is always that option but they may opt to phase in the new XQD2 revision instead.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/25/compactflash-association-develops-xqd-2-0/

Jan 08, 2014 at 05:39 AM
Sambru
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Nikon D4S @ CES Show

John Skinner wrote:
Ya have to wonder what these guys are thinking.

Adding an "S" model... Really? AF improvements? Expeed4, subtle nuances.. and the rub will be a boost in price to like $6,300.--

If they'd offer up a proper D4 model with CF, huge buffer and the D800E sensor. I'd entertain something like that. But this memory card support is a whacky choice. I don't care if it works or not. Sony and (I think) Sandisk are the only people on board with this thing. Sony didn't even see fit to place it in their new models..

They needed to take this to the
...Show more

Not me. I like my D4 just the way it is. I have a D800 as well - I like & use the D4 much more then the D800.

Jan 08, 2014 at 06:27 AM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Nikon D4S @ CES Show

Everyone who just loves the D3s over the D4. I must be missing something. I currently own both, and when I need low light, High ISO with great color and noise control. I always reach for the D4 first. The D4 in my use is a world or two ahead of the D3s. And in a heartbeat I'd move my D3s to have a pair of D4's.

Edited on Jan 08, 2014 at 06:24 PM · View previous versions

Jan 08, 2014 at 03:47 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · Nikon D4S @ CES Show

Matt OHarver wrote:
Everyone who just loves the D3s over the D4. I must be missing something. I currently own both, and when I need low light, High ISO with great color and noise control. I never reach for the D4 first. The D4 in my use is a world or two ahead of the D3s. And in a heartbeat I'd move my D3s to have a pair of D4's.

i'm confused

Jan 08, 2014 at 04:31 PM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · Nikon D4S @ CES Show

sjms wrote:
i'm confused

People were saying that the D4 was not enough upgrade over the D3s to buy, however I see a real world big difference. I also saw it in the D3-D3s upgrade. I am thinking that the D4s may be similar.

Jan 08, 2014 at 04:34 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

pr4photos
• • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · Nikon D4S @ CES Show

me. must be a typo

Jan 08, 2014 at 04:36 PM
m.sommers00
• • •
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · Nikon D4S @ CES Show

Still curious where this 54MP resolution came from for the D4X whenever it arrives. Seems more of a guess than anything concrete...

Jan 08, 2014 at 04:41 PM
pookipichu
• • •
p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · Nikon D4S @ CES Show

It's a guess but it's a guess based on the 54MP sensor that Sony is currently testing.

m.sommers00 wrote:
Still curious where this 54MP resolution came from for the D4X whenever it arrives. Seems more of a guess than anything concrete...

Jan 08, 2014 at 04:50 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · Nikon D4S @ CES Show

Matt OHarver wrote:
Everyone who just loves the D3s over the D4. I must be missing something. I currently own both, and when I need low light, High ISO with great color and noise control. I never reach for the D4 first. The D4 in my use is a world or two ahead of the D3s. And in a heartbeat I'd move my D3s to have a pair of D4's.

You never reach for the D4 but laud it as better than the D3s I'm assuming a typo and you mean to say that you never reach for you D3s ...

Jan 08, 2014 at 06:11 PM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.4 #15 · p.4 #15 · Nikon D4S @ CES Show

Andre Labonte wrote:
You never reach for the D4 but laud it as better than the D3s I'm assuming a typo and you mean to say that you never reach for you D3s ...

Sorry Typo, I always reach for the D4. The D3s is always the backup camera

Jan 08, 2014 at 06:23 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.4 #16 · p.4 #16 · Nikon D4S @ CES Show

Matt OHarver wrote:
Sorry Typo, I always reach for the D4. The D3s is always the backup camera

Gotchya! The D4 (and I'm sure the D4s) sound like great cameras ... out of my price range and my chosen format (DX) but a great body none-the-less

Jan 08, 2014 at 06:36 PM
RRRoger
• • •
p.4 #17 · p.4 #17 · Nikon D4S @ CES Show

If the Expeed 4 Processor and Sensor tweeks yield equal improvements as they did with my D5300, we should see:
1. Useable still and video image quality at ISO 51,200
2. Improved low light focusing
3. 1080P 60 Video (hopefully totally uncrippled). Much better than current model.

Things I would like to see:

1. Dual XQD v2 cards
2. Contiuous Video recording (like GH3).
3. Dual Expeed Processors for 2-4k Video.

Jan 08, 2014 at 07:05 PM
DontShoot
• • • •
p.4 #18 · p.4 #18 · Nikon D4S @ CES Show

Matt OHarver wrote:
Everyone who just loves the D3s over the D4. I must be missing something. I currently own both, and when I need low light, High ISO with great color and noise control. I always reach for the D4 first. The D4 in my use is a world or two ahead of the D3s. And in a heartbeat I'd move my D3s to have a pair of D4's.

Because they're D3s owners and are convinced that the D4 isn't a significant step up. We (D4 owners) will feel the same when the D4s gets introduced

Jan 08, 2014 at 07:39 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.4 #19 · p.4 #19 · Nikon D4S @ CES Show

DontShoot wrote:
Because they're D3s owners and are convinced that the D4 isn't a significant step up. We (D4 owners) will feel the same when the D4s gets introduced

There is some truth to that both in real and percieved terms. Once reason I tend to upgrade my camera body on a long time-based scale rather than a generation scale.

Jan 08, 2014 at 07:56 PM
John Skinner
• • •
p.4 #20 · p.4 #20 · Nikon D4S @ CES Show

We're 4 pages in, CES is off and running, and the most importants of importants?

NO REAL ACTUAL SPECS.

To me, this says a lot about a company I'm presently heavily invested in. Not only equipment wise, but financially. Someone at the top needs their arse kicked, but good.

Another poster in this thread put it rather well I thought when he expressed 'like the old days when we shot an F for years'.... I'm all for advancement. I think the changes they've introduced have in part been significant. Where I'm really having issue is these stupid small tweeks they throw out there, add a 1 or S to the model..and really offer up what amounts to nothing. These bodys need to be updated...WHEN an update is warranted. Not just keeping up with the Jones'. It's embarrassing.

I personally would rather see a total lineup of 5-6 bodies that truly reflect major differences like a beginner - advanced - pro-sumer - landscape/fine art - and a truly (something to brag about) pro body. But by throwing out all of these dinky add-ons and style changes things.. It's like trying to decide which fake Rolex to buy.

It's just devalued the brand as a whole and makes them look desperate.

I sure hope someone locks on to the actual numbers on this thing and reports them out. All this hubbub and we'll end up with another Df.

Jan 08, 2014 at 09:48 PM
1       2       3      

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password