Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Handled the DF today at my local shop...

Donzo98
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Handled the DF today at my local shop...

and was seriously underwhelmed. In all fairness... I have shot with the pro bodies ONLY for several years. I guess I just like the "feel" of them better.

Felt like a toy... just too small for me.

Jan 06, 2014 at 09:03 PM
funwithlight
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Handled the DF today at my local shop...

Goldilocks would not approve this camera

Jan 06, 2014 at 09:34 PM
Chris Langer
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Handled the DF today at my local shop...

My biggest compliant is how you have to press a button to move the shutter and ISO. I want it like the old style cameras and just have heavy resistance with clicking. The images looked nice but the AF felt slow. Wouldn't use it for any professional use but maybe someday it will be a great camera. 1-2 generations down the road.

Jan 07, 2014 at 05:44 PM
lxdesign
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Handled the DF today at my local shop...

I hate to say, here we go again ... but ya... there are basically two camps on the Df -- those who love it, and those who hate it -- and a few in between who can't seem to make up their mind.

If you look at it from a fresh perspective --- ie: a) Its not trying to be an old camera, and b) its not trying to be a DSLR either .... then this camera rocks!

what it is to me is an old styled lightweight camera designed for use with primes, not meant to be used for fast paced photography, or tracking formula one racing cars. It's designed for the photo enthusiast who likes to take it a little slower, and think about the image before its created, its for those who like to do street photography, and live in the moment.... capture the light, make beautiful images.

It's not a D610, its not a D3S .... its not........ It's a whole new camera, albeit - with a few flaws, but hey, look at Nikon's history - not every camera they released was always rocket science - sometimes it took a few versions to get it right.... and the Df does what it does really well - and maybe the next one will be that much more special....

but in my books, this first offering is pretty rocking.... and I can't wait to get mine this week.

Jan 07, 2014 at 06:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

workerdrone
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Handled the DF today at my local shop...

It's an exciting, half-assed step in a different direction IMO - I won't be buying this one unless a great used deal comes along and I can take an extended test drive without any loss.

But a smaller, lighter weight FX body with a viewfinder as good as anything else in the lineup is appealing, especially with the D4 sensor, which I think was a great, great choice. Makes a good backup and walkaround choice for someone already committed to FX.

Add a 2nd card slot, AF illuminator, and explain to us why interchangeable screens are a bad idea and I'm even more interested. A grip that takes AA's, even better.

More options are always more better...

Jan 07, 2014 at 06:56 PM
VinnieJ
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Handled the DF today at my local shop...

Nice review?

Jan 07, 2014 at 07:41 PM
lxdesign
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Handled the DF today at my local shop...

Well said, not perfect .... but exciting! And hoping Nikon will learn from this, and bring out an even better upgrade in the future, and a better price point.

Jan 07, 2014 at 07:42 PM
VinnieJ
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Handled the DF today at my local shop...

lxdesign wrote:
I hate to say, here we go again ... but ya...

Happens with every new camera release. Seems to be more so with FX cameras probably because of their price. The new D4s is already catching flack and all it's specs haven't even been released yet.

Jan 07, 2014 at 07:48 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password