Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Sold: Canon 1DIV, 1D MKIV, 1D Mark IV

OntheRez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Canon 1DIV, 1D MKIV, 1D Mark IV

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Superb 1D Mark IV with 2 OEM batteries looking for a lively home.

Sold

Price: $3,050.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9+ Shows little or no signs of wear
Shipping instructions: USPS Priority Mail - insured, signature required

Given that I have to shoot fast moving objects in the dark (high school sports in badly lit venues), I finally took the plunge and got a 1Dx. It's a great camera, but in some ways I miss the APS-H crop 1DIV. Still I have to sell this one to pay for the new one so here it is. I'm the second owner as I purchased it here from another FMer about a year ago.

This camera was used by a professional photojournalist (myself) so the body shows some signs of use. Still I'd rate it cosmetically at 8.5-9. The glass is excellent. It is mechanically perfect and has been meticulously maintained. If I don't get the shot, I don't get paid. If I don't get paid, well you know the drill…

It was serviced by Canon in late November. They reported about 75,500 clicks. In addition to the standard CLA, it was found that "the adjustment of the af assembly was incorrect causing rear focus. Electrical adjustments were carried out." (Paper work included with camera.) I shot three games since getting it back and can confirm that the back focus problem has indeed been corrected. (My keeper rate improved by about 25%.)

The Mark IV may be the last of the APS-H cameras. Those of us who have used them under a wide variety of conditions generally found the crop factor to be quite useful. Time will tell if the new FF 1D will stand up to cropping as well.

The camera comes with original box and all accessories - even the software - plus a nearly new OEM battery. The price includes PayPal fees and insured shipping.

I've included pix of the camera trying to highlight any wear points but it was hard to make anything show up. And yes, the manual had a cup of coffee dumped on it thus its ragged look. The text is all good, just the cover was damaged. Also included are a couple of recent shots: one a flashed football pix and the other basketball in a badly lit gym.

Email is the best contact method though I do try to check in to FM at least once or twice a day. Please feel to ask any questions as my goal here is to make sure we both come out of this exchange feeling good about what we have done.

The whole kit.

Front close up. Couple of scratches above EOS

Rear close up. Note chips at left of screen.

Top is clean.

Edited on Jan 06, 2014 at 02:40 PM · View previous versions

Jan 06, 2014 at 02:32 PM
OntheRez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Canon 1DIV, 1D MKIV, 1D Mark IV

Couple of more body shots and two action shots.

Left side. Guess I don't fall to the right.

Bit of wear around the media door.

A fun BK shot.

Yup, shows flash shadow, but beats the heck out of ISO 25600!

Jan 06, 2014 at 02:37 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Canon 1DIV, 1D MKIV, 1D Mark IV

Robert is a super nice guy and will treat you right. I have shot with him and know he treats his equipment well. GLWS. Jim

Jan 10, 2014 at 04:39 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.