New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Need a inexpensive picbridge or network scanner

crwoo
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Need a inexpensive picbridge or network scanner

Hi, i reciently replaced my Epson 810 all in one with a Canon pro-1 because i wanted good quality prints. i liked the epson because it could copy and scan. I know canon makes nice cheap scaners in the lyde line but they are usb only. i want to use it on network because i use a laptop. Could i plug the scanner into picbridge on my printer and have an all in one? Or what scanner would work for me?
Thanks.

Jan 05, 2014 at 06:21 PM
OntheRez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Need a inexpensive picbridge or network scanner

I've had excellent service from an HP1536dnf MFP. Laser print, scan, copy, fax. I think I paid <$200 a couple of years ago and just now need to get toner. HP's included scanner software isn't particularly useful, but there are a number of third party solutions. I run it - and my other 2 printers - all out of an Ethernet hub. There are lots of choices out there. Ink usage is something to watch. I also ran an older Brother MFP into the ground after 4 years of heavy service. It was only $99 so I got my money's worth out of it. Brother is generally good and inexpensive though they tend to be energy pigs.

Robert

Jan 05, 2014 at 09:31 PM
amacal1
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Need a inexpensive picbridge or network scanner

I have a Brother All-In-One laser network printer. I've been very impressed with the software and support from them. It's fully functional, but is also very lightweight and easy on system resources. Plus, they have a full range of mobile applications that also utilize the network scanning options. I'm most impressed by their Windows 8 metro app. I installed it through the App Store and have uninstalled the rest of the software because it works so well and doesn't have to always run in the background like most scanner software does.

Jan 06, 2014 at 11:22 AM
crwoo
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Need a inexpensive picbridge or network scanner

Hi, i am not looking for an all in one printer. I am looking for a scanner to use with my pro-1 on network or pic-bridge. Anyone know of the pic-bridge scanner is possible?

Jan 06, 2014 at 08:28 PM
dcains
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Need a inexpensive picbridge or network scanner

It may just be that you've got to buy an all-in-one and suffer with the extra features. Bought one of these as a gift for my wife's dad last summer, and it's been working great:

http://www.amazon.com/Epson-WorkForce-Smartphone-Compatible-C11CC36201/dp/B0091UBCAW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389391674&sr=8-1&keywords=epson+workforce+wf-2540

We've got the higher-end WF3540 at home, and it's been a workhorse for about 16 months now with no issues and great print and scan quality. Wifi setup was the fully automated and almost instantaneous in both cases, and there are quite a few sources of good, cheap aftermarket ink.

Jan 10, 2014 at 05:12 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.