FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Angel's Landing - Zion

dpbingham
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Angel's Landing - Zion

My version of the iconic Angel's landing overlook at Zion. What a magical place and a dramatic hike. Bummer that the sky lacked any clouds/interest, but the view was spectacular.

Jan 05, 2014 at 01:05 PM
dalongfellow
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Angel's Landing - Zion

Definitely one of the great hikes in the world. You did well getting views of the canyon, despite the issues with the bright sky.

Dave

Jan 05, 2014 at 01:17 PM
dpbingham
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Angel's Landing - Zion

Thanks Dave. Really challenging getting the detail in the canyon with the unfiltered sun... but a polarizer helped some.

Jan 05, 2014 at 01:37 PM
Nori
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Angel's Landing - Zion

Always nice to see images from this place, each image is different in its own way. Well captured

Jan 05, 2014 at 01:54 PM
dbehrens
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Angel's Landing - Zion

Lovely - in spite of a neutral (but not bad) sky. #1 is my pick - it sure looks like a good spot for an evening composition. I have yet to do Zion but retire this year so its on my short list! Definitely want to do this hike.
Dave

Jan 05, 2014 at 02:38 PM
dpbingham
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Angel's Landing - Zion

Thanks all. #2 is the opposite view of #1 -- and had much better light IMO. Regardless, the 360 degree view is unbelievable. This hike is a definite must for anyone visiting Zion.

Jan 05, 2014 at 02:50 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Angel's Landing - Zion

Fantastic. Did the hike last year...next time gonna take the camera. well shot!

Jan 05, 2014 at 08:53 PM
B.Williams

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Angel's Landing - Zion

I had a lens cap pop off and tumble off the cliff from the top last year, it reminded me to take some care with my footing. Looks like a quite day there, we started early on our trip and still saw a pretty good crowd at the top. Thanks for sharing.

Jan 05, 2014 at 09:32 PM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Angel's Landing - Zion

Nice images. Would love to hike that.
Too back you couldn't return at night and get some cool astro landscapes with that clear sky!

David

Jan 06, 2014 at 09:29 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Angel's Landing - Zion

The cool thing is that if you're observant, you may spot a California Condor or two up around Scout's Landing, hanging in the tree.

I used to do that hike on my birthday every year... But it has kind of faded away. Thanks for the pictures!

B.Williams wrote:
I had a lens cap pop off and tumble off the cliff from the top last year.

Hit me on the head!

Jan 06, 2014 at 09:36 AM
Alan Brock
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Angel's Landing - Zion

A bit of a bummer about the sky, but I feel #1 captures the view from Angel's Landing about as well as it can be done. The side lighting and haze give an excellent impression of depth to the scene. The foreground components help highlight the sense of scale. Nicely composed and captured!

Jan 06, 2014 at 12:29 PM
dpbingham
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Angel's Landing - Zion

B.Williams wrote:
I had a lens cap pop off and tumble off the cliff from the top last year, it reminded me to take some care with my footing. Looks like a quite day there, we started early on our trip and still saw a pretty good crowd at the top. Thanks for sharing.

I was switching lenses, and When I set down my Nikkor 24-70 f2.8 on the rock, it started rolling down. Luckily, my friend was below me about 6 feet. And stopped it with its foot. A few scratches on the body, but lens seems to work perfectly . But you're right - you have to be very deliberate with your footing up there.

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:23 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.