New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · question for Fuji X-E2 owners

speedmaster20d
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · question for Fuji X-E2 owners

My X-E2 finder is quite choppy at times, when the camera wakes up from sleep or when I raise it to eye level EVF is very choppy. after a few seconds or when I half-press the shutter, the lag is eliminated and the refresh rate picks up. This is very annoying. I'm using XF 35mm and XF 14mm lenses. Do you know if there is a workaround ?

Thanks

Jan 04, 2014 at 08:02 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · question for Fuji X-E2 owners

I don't know...it happens with me too. I think when it happens, the camera is doing some sort of cleanup in the background...as you say, it goes away after a second. I don't have the issue when raising to eye level, though...just when turning the camera on. In day to day use I almost never see it...only if I pull it out of the bag in dimmer light, flip it on and immediately start shooting...then I might see it for a second.

Jan 04, 2014 at 09:35 PM
speedmaster20d
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · question for Fuji X-E2 owners

Thanks, what lenses do you use? I wonder if it also has to do with the lens attached because I see it more frequently, almost every time I use the camera. I would notice it immediately because I'm used to my high speed DSLRs and any lag bothers me, so perhaps I'm more picky.

I really hope Fuji can fix this because finder lag was the main reason I got X-E2.

Jan 05, 2014 at 08:18 PM
kwoodard
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · question for Fuji X-E2 owners

My XE1 exhibits this exact behavior. I don't think its just a XE2 thing.

Jan 05, 2014 at 09:34 PM
speedmaster20d
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · question for Fuji X-E2 owners

kwoodard wrote:
My XE1 exhibits this exact behavior. I don't think its just a XE2 thing.

The X-E1 finder was always choppy or slow in low light. It was unusable for me personally so I went to X-E2. According to Fuji, X-E1 EVF refresh rate was 24 fps in good light and 10-14 fps in low light. Among the cited improvements for X-E2 was doubled frame rate, i.e. 50fps in good light and min 24 fps in low light which Fuji advertised.

The finder refresh rate is indeed improved and it now feels smooth and natural even in low light, BUT, as I mentioned above and confirmed by Jordan too, at times, it takes a few seconds for the finder to "ramp up" to the high frame rate. during this time it is choppy and annoying because it hinders your initial framing. My X-E1 did not have this particular issue as far as I remember, but it was always slow

Jan 05, 2014 at 09:47 PM
kwoodard
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · question for Fuji X-E2 owners

speedmaster20d wrote:
The X-E1 finder was always choppy or slow in low light. It was unusable for me personally so I went to X-E2. According to Fuji, X-E1 EVF refresh rate was 24 fps in good light and 10-14 fps in low light. Among the cited improvements for X-E2 was doubled frame rate, i.e. 50fps in good light and min 24 fps in low light which Fuji advertised.

The finder refresh rate is indeed improved and it now feels smooth and natural even in low light, BUT, as I mentioned above and confirmed by Jordan too, at times, it takes a few
...Show more
Don't get me wrong, I totally wish the framerate was like it is with the XE2, but I have found that once focus gets close, the framerate seems to pick up. What I don't like is that my XE1 sometimes doesn't like to keep my settings and reverts to stock at will. I still need to update the firmware so I hope that takes care of it.

Jan 05, 2014 at 09:50 PM
kevinkjones

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · question for Fuji X-E2 owners

Haven't noticed that with my X-E2. I'll have to watch more carefully for that behavior and see if mine does the same.

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:35 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.