New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Cheap light tent with good background inserts

Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Cheap light tent with good background inserts

I'm looking to pick up a cheap light tent with black and white background inserts. I've seen some that are inexpensive (in the $30 range), but the inserts look to be a pain---wrinkles and hard to lay without having the wrinkles show or crease.

Any good suggestions? I know I can make the tent, but for so cheap, I might as well get the tent itself pre made. The background inserts I'd be willing to do as something else. The goal is a solid white or black background for camera photos (I do reviews). I have a system that works now, but a proper light tent would make things easier for me, especially when shooting black (my workaround now works fine, but is a royal pain to set up).

Jan 03, 2014 at 08:05 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Cheap light tent with good background inserts

Anyone?

Jan 06, 2014 at 09:10 AM
unclemikey
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Cheap light tent with good background inserts

Jman13 wrote:
I'm looking to pick up a cheap light tent with black and white background inserts. I've seen some that are inexpensive (in the $30 range), but the inserts look to be a pain---wrinkles and hard to lay without having the wrinkles show or crease.

Any good suggestions? I know I can make the tent, but for so cheap, I might as well get the tent itself pre made. The background inserts I'd be willing to do as something else. The goal is a solid white or black background for camera photos (I do reviews). I have a system that works
...Show more

I bought the Impact 18x18x27 Light Shed but had to purchase the black interior separately. I don't know what cheap means but total cost was about $70. Have to tell you though I find these things quite constricting and mostly use my light table, which I built myself and either reflectors or white foam board to mask what I'm shooting. I thought the Light Shed would be easier to use but it really isn't. I find more control when I create the scene myself.

Hope this helps.

Jan 06, 2014 at 09:29 AM
cwebster
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Cheap light tent with good background inserts

unclemikey wrote:
I bought the Impact 18x18x27 Light Shed but had to purchase the black interior separately. I don't know what cheap means but total cost was about $70. Have to tell you though I find these things quite constricting and mostly use my light table, which I built myself and either reflectors or white foam board to mask what I'm shooting. I thought the Light Shed would be easier to use but it really isn't. I find more control when I create the scene myself.

Hope this helps.

+1

I find shooting open on a table to be easier to get good results than in a tent also.

<Chas>

Jan 06, 2014 at 01:13 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.