New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Pocketwizard Flex TT5 HSS

mpronzato

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pocketwizard Flex TT5 HSS

Hello everyone,

I am curious if I can trigger a flash using high speed sync with two flex tt5s? I have been searching all over the internet having no luck. I am using a D3 with a Nikon SB-700 and two Pocketwizard flex tt5s. I can use them on basic trigger mode but anything other then that will no fire.

Thanks,
Michael

Jan 03, 2014 at 06:30 PM
hondageek
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pocketwizard Flex TT5 HSS

Yeah, that's pretty much what they're made for! The default settings should automatically switch to HSS once you exceed X-sync speed. Have you changed any settings with the PW utility? You have the SB-700 set on ttl right?

Jan 03, 2014 at 06:55 PM
mpronzato

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pocketwizard Flex TT5 HSS

Ok so I checked to see if any settings were changed and just to be safe I reset both of them and it worked! Thank you for that suggestion. Another question would be can I do high speed sync in manual mode so I can adjust the power of the flash manually?

Jan 03, 2014 at 07:16 PM
hondageek
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pocketwizard Flex TT5 HSS

You've got them right there! Try it!

Jan 03, 2014 at 07:42 PM
mpronzato

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Pocketwizard Flex TT5 HSS

Of course everything starts working after I read your posts haha! Thank you I appreciate your help.

Jan 03, 2014 at 08:08 PM
basehorhonda
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Pocketwizard Flex TT5 HSS

Just remember that there is a sequence that you need to follow when turning everything on. When I started, I didnt follow the sequence and I was about ready to ditch the whole thing before I remembered what I was doing wrong.

Jan 04, 2014 at 01:21 AM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Pocketwizard Flex TT5 HSS

I been with thw pw CTL radios since the beginning saw several jump on them have problem about 1 in 5 would read the manuals or pw site. I kept mine added learned more and was able to get all my speedlites to fire as advertised and the added in plus II ans IIIS for non supported lites and final ya Elichrom quadra with its unique Ettl mode where you set it manually train it by fireing the Ettl lites and it will disregard the preflashes and fire hand I. Hand with the Ettl lites.now if I can get the quantum qflash lite.

Jan 05, 2014 at 01:24 AM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Pocketwizard Flex TT5 HSS

Michael White wrote:
I been with thw pw CTL radios since the beginning saw several jump on them have problem about 1 in 5 would read the manuals or pw site. I kept mine added learned more and was able to get all my speedlites to fire as advertised...

+1 on that for sure!

Jan 07, 2014 at 12:33 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.