Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Tom Hicks
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

Brian Lord Lord V

mikeengles
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Brian Lord Lord V

Hello

I have not visited this form for some time, but have immediately noticed the absence of Brian Lord-Lord V.
He was a constant presence here, but his last post was 4 months ago.

Mike Engles

Jan 03, 2014 at 09:58 PM
mikeengles
• •
p.1 #2 · Brian Lord Lord V

Hello

No replies, but it seems that his name is Brian Valentine and it looks like he has decided not to post on this forum anymore. He seems to be alive and well on Flickr.

Mike Engles

Jan 03, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Julian Nell
• • •
p.1 #3 · Brian Lord Lord V

There was a post regarding the fact that the forum had become more of a forum for ID photos than creative photos. Brian felt that his images fell into the category of ID photos, so, he has ceased posting photos on the forum. That is as simply as I can put it.

Julian

Jan 04, 2014 at 12:14 AM
e6filmuser
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Brian Lord Lord V

Julian Nell wrote:
Brian felt that his images fell into the category of ID photos, so, he has ceased posting photos on the forum.

I think that is misrepresenting Brian. As I understand it, it was the implication, that he objected to.

Harold

Jan 04, 2014 at 09:40 AM
LCPete
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Brian Lord Lord V

Yes it's a real shame Brian left he helped me and others a lot when I started

Jan 04, 2014 at 11:13 AM
mikeengles
• •
p.1 #6 · Brian Lord Lord V

Hello

Thanks for the replies, which only leaves me even more puzzled and intrigued.
What does the term 'category of ID' photos mean?
I have not managed to see his post. He certainly was a most prolific photographer.

Mike Engles

Jan 05, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Brian Lord Lord V

Check out the post titled We Can Do Better.

Jan 05, 2014 at 01:55 AM
e6filmuser
• • •
p.1 #8 · Brian Lord Lord V

mikeengles wrote:
What does the term 'category of ID' photos mean?

There is, and cannot be, an all-embracing definition. Certainly, the the images, recently posted, of a butterfly collection would qualify, at least for individual shots. The term 'record shot' comes to mind'. While for some purposes, both are valid types of image, the terms are often used in a derogatory context by those looking for something more 'creative', whatever that means.

There is a tension, too, in the world of macro photography, between those who work entirely in a 'studio', usually with non-living subjects, where they have control over just about all relevant factors, and can take their time, re-shoot, etc, use deep stacks, and so on, and those of us who shoot almost entirely out of doors, often with very active and unpredictable subjects, weather, etc.

Harold

Jan 05, 2014 at 09:16 AM
mikeengles
• •
p.1 #9 · Brian Lord Lord V

Hello

Thanks for the clue. Very interesting discussion. It can be the problem with all forums and when it come down to it, the eternal question of working out if photography is an 'ART' or a 'CRAFT'. After over 40 years of doing all kinds of photography, I can honestly say that even now I feel that I have not taken one photograh that trancends CRAFT and becomes ART. I am not even sure that I have taken a 'good' photograph, but would really like to some day.

Mike Engles

Jan 05, 2014 at 11:50 PM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Brian Lord Lord V

I remember Lord V Brian - it's a shame he's gone

Jan 06, 2014 at 12:38 AM
euua
• • •
p.1 #11 · Brian Lord Lord V

same here mate - he is :Lord: of macro world. its because of him I got into macro world and been studying his work. Its a great shame he has left this place !!

Jan 16, 2014 at 03:46 AM
Roy Morales
• •
p.1 #12 · Brian Lord Lord V

I have auto Email Notification and had not noticed . He does still post on POTN tho .

Jan 17, 2014 at 12:39 AM

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password