FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Big Sur

Timmeh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Big Sur

I made the hour-forty minute drive to my favorite wide shot of Big Sur for sunset on New Year's Eve, and I was pretty happy with my takeaway. As I stumbled down the cliff (the lack of rain has turned the trail into dust), the cove wall began to glow orange. I would have preferred a longer exposure, but the A7R menu is a bit confusing. It would allow me to shoot bulb when I was testing it earlier, but it was grayed out when I actually wanted to use it...Oh well. C&C welcome and appreciated

Tim

Last Sunset of the Year

Jan 02, 2014 at 07:13 PM
Nori
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Big Sur

Very nice view and well captured, where was this taken from? I was at Big Sure last week of December, can't wait to go to back

Jan 02, 2014 at 10:59 PM
Timmeh
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Big Sur

Hi Nori,

Thanks for the comment! Big Sur is ripe for landscape work. This is just south of Bixby Bridge (there are a number of astro shots taken from the north side on the forum). This is from a rather prominent pull-off and a several hundred foot hike down to the cove (it's rather steep, my legs are still shot from the rapid descent).

Tim

Jan 02, 2014 at 11:07 PM
roguecoolman
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Big Sur

Tim,

Nice shot and great little cove you found there. The decent to these places is quite scary especially when we're all gunning for the sunset colors. Stay safe!

Jason

Jan 03, 2014 at 04:14 AM
Timmeh
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Big Sur

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the comment. This is probably the steepest area I go down to, and there's the "trash level" of the trail beyond which most people don't go. There's a large number of beer cans, cigarettes, and wrappers until those people think the trail is too steep, and not worth the descent. I think I'll go all the way down to the cove next time because there's a keyhole in the near stack that may be good around 10am.

Tim

Jan 04, 2014 at 02:05 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.