Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Alternative to Elinchrom Skyport adaptor for PW ST4?

EdwardLinsmier

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Alternative to Elinchrom Skyport adaptor for PW ST4?

I have been using the Elinchrom Ranger Speed packs for some time and really like them… My only real complaint is the the piece of crap piece they sell you to connect the sky port or in my case, the PocketWizard PowerST4 into the pack. I purchased both of these new (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/505388-REG/Elinchrom_EL_19374_Ranger_RX_to_Skyport.html) and my packs were also new… In short, the adaptor doesn't screw into the remote socket and is so loose the ST4 continually lost power and was so unreliable that I quit using them.

The problem is not the ST4's… I have trouble shot them and they are in perfect working order. Anyone have any alternatives to the Elinchrom adaptor? I'd prefer to keep using my ST4's…

Thanks in advance.

Jan 01, 2014 at 07:04 PM
Sheldon N
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Alternative to Elinchrom Skyport adaptor for PW ST4?

The alternative that you want to use is this....

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/375150-REG/Elinchrom_EL_11110_Cable_for_Remote_Control.html

Screw lock on one end to securely attach to the pack, much more solid/snug fit on the other end for the Skyport receiver. Picture shows a 90 degree bend at one end, but mine is acutally just a straight cable.

Spendy little devil for just a 8" cable though.

Jan 01, 2014 at 08:01 PM
EdwardLinsmier

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Alternative to Elinchrom Skyport adaptor for PW ST4?

Thanks… at $70 a cable I might as well have gone Profoto. I appreciate the link.

Jan 01, 2014 at 08:30 PM
MazeRunner
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Alternative to Elinchrom Skyport adaptor for PW ST4?

I have the ST4 also with the adapter. It connects well but always leaves me in fear of it falling off if I'm moving the battery around (location). Can use tape to tape it down, or just use a sync cord if you don't want to use the ST4.

Jan 05, 2014 at 05:09 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.