Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

White Japanese Sweet Pea

Strad
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · White Japanese Sweet Pea

I'm thinking of starting a series of flower photos similar to my other series only this time with white backgrounds. A little more troublesome, to be sure, but maybe it's worth it. I found this cute little flower at the store today and since it was white, it was doubly difficult to shoot with a white background. If you all like it, I may continue with other flowers in B & W. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks! I hope you like it!

Happy New Year to all!!

Jan 01, 2014 at 02:31 AM
tomandmarj
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · White Japanese Sweet Pea

nah!
that is my reaction; I guess I just like high contrast Black & White, and the way you mastered it.
sorry, but regards, anyway, tom

Jan 01, 2014 at 03:01 PM
douter
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · White Japanese Sweet Pea

This white on white is very well done Endre.
Douglas

Jan 01, 2014 at 05:08 PM
CDaescher
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · White Japanese Sweet Pea

Well, I think it's a real challenge to shoot flowers with a white BG.
I like this one a lot, Endre so please keep on posting.
Happy New Year!
Chris

Jan 01, 2014 at 05:39 PM
Strad
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · White Japanese Sweet Pea

Thanks for the input, Tom. Unfortunately, I've run out of flowers to shoot and so to do a whole new series with white backgrounds is a way of tapping a whole new genre. However, I cut this flower off the white background and replaced it with a black one - just for you. Maybe you'll like it better.

Happy New Year!

Endre

tomandmarj wrote:
nah!
that is my reaction; I guess I just like high contrast Black & White, and the way you mastered it.
sorry, but regards, anyway, tom

Jan 02, 2014 at 03:31 AM
Strad
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · White Japanese Sweet Pea

Thanks, Douglas! I appreciate the kind comment!

Happy New Year!

Endre

douter wrote:
This white on white is very well done Endre.
Douglas

Jan 02, 2014 at 03:42 AM
Strad
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · White Japanese Sweet Pea

Thank you, Chris. Doing any kind of white background is difficult so I'll keep at it. I'm glad you like this.

Happy New Year to you, too!

Endre

CDaescher wrote:
Well, I think it's a real challenge to shoot flowers with a white BG.
I like this one a lot, Endre so please keep on posting.
Happy New Year!
Chris

Jan 02, 2014 at 03:43 AM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · White Japanese Sweet Pea

I like it...a lot. I've shot quite a few flowers on white, albeit in color, and didn't find it that difficult with a couple of well placed strobes, and enough separation between the BG and the subject for proper exposure of each. I look forward to seeing what you come up with! This is an excellent start!

Greg

Jan 02, 2014 at 07:36 AM
lostinjapan
• •
p.1 #9 · White Japanese Sweet Pea

Both are very nice, but I am partial of the white on black. Great either way!

Ryan

Jan 02, 2014 at 08:12 AM
Strad
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · White Japanese Sweet Pea

Thanks, Greg! I always appreciate hearing from you. I'm so glad you like this. Yeah, it's not that hard to shoot a white background, it's just that I am lazy to have to pull out and set up strobes. Still, I wanted to have an excuse to do more flower shots and since I have exhausted them on black, the next step is white.

I hope you and your family all enjoyed the Holidays and are looking forward to a great 2014!

Happy New year!

Endre

gregfountain wrote:
I like it...a lot. I've shot quite a few flowers on white, albeit in color, and didn't find it that difficult with a couple of well placed strobes, and enough separation between the BG and the subject for proper exposure of each. I look forward to seeing what you come up with! This is an excellent start!

Greg

Jan 02, 2014 at 08:44 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Strad
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · White Japanese Sweet Pea

Thanks, Ryan, I appreciate your comment - all the way from Japan, no less. I'm really glad you like both of them. I like the black background, too, but after having posted almost 200 flowers done that way, I ran out of what I could get our of my garden and at the flower stores nearby so I need to come up with something else. As I told tom, this one is the same photo but I was able to cut out the white background and replace it with black, which is not the way I usually did them.

Have a wonderful New Year!

Endre

lostinjapan wrote:
Both are very nice, but I am partial of the white on black. Great either way!

Ryan

Jan 02, 2014 at 08:48 AM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · White Japanese Sweet Pea

You have handled the whites very well in both images...I can't seem to decide which one I like more...so I won't!

Jan 02, 2014 at 01:50 PM
tomandmarj
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · White Japanese Sweet Pea

many thanks, Endre, for the B&W version. marvelous image. you certainly have keen eye and masterful hands in producing these beauties.
happy 2014, tom

Jan 04, 2014 at 04:14 PM
DougVaughn
• •
p.1 #14 · White Japanese Sweet Pea

The original white on white is a very well captured image. Totally works for me, and I can see it framed on a wall. Nicely done.

Jan 05, 2014 at 04:05 AM
platscha
• • •
p.1 #15 · White Japanese Sweet Pea

I rather like the white on white, sort of a high key presentation,actually favor it over the black
don't care how you do it, just post, that is what pleases me
very good indeed !!

Jan 07, 2014 at 04:53 AM
Klaus Priebe
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · White Japanese Sweet Pea

Endre,
More simply wonderful images. After looking at both versions for some time I have to say the white backgrouground works much better on the subject IMHO.
The white bg really brings out more of the subtle high key tones and detail in the flower.
It is also a nice refreshing take on your subjects. I am sure you could make all of you flower image look brilliant with this high key look. Soon others will follow your style here...

Jan 07, 2014 at 05:41 AM
Strad
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · White Japanese Sweet Pea

Thank you, Treebeard! I appreciate your ambivalence and a m glad you like both so much.

All best wishes,

Endre

treebeard wrote:
You have handled the whites very well in both images...I can't seem to decide which one I like more...so I won't!

Jan 07, 2014 at 06:06 PM
Strad
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · White Japanese Sweet Pea

Thanks, again, tom! I'm glad you like the new one. It never hurts to have two versions of a photo.

All the best,

Endre

tomandmarj wrote:
many thanks, Endre, for the B&W version. marvelous image. you certainly have keen eye and masterful hands in producing these beauties.
happy 2014, tom

Jan 07, 2014 at 06:07 PM
Strad
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · White Japanese Sweet Pea

Thank you, Doug. I am delighted that you like it and your vote of confidence in the white background is very helpful.

All best wishes,

Endre

DougVaughn wrote:
The original white on white is a very well captured image. Totally works for me, and I can see it framed on a wall. Nicely done.

Jan 07, 2014 at 06:08 PM
Strad
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · White Japanese Sweet Pea

Thank you, Patsy, my dear friend. You are always so kind and supportive of my work. If you like something I come up with, that is a big plus. Thanks for the comments on the white background.

I hope your New Year celebration was fun and that you are looking forward to a great 2014!

Warm regards,

Endre

platscha wrote:
I rather like the white on white, sort of a high key presentation,actually favor it over the black
don't care how you do it, just post, that is what pleases me
very good indeed !!

Jan 07, 2014 at 06:10 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password