New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Internet Explorer Problems

eric hagemann
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Internet Explorer Problems

Any one having issues with IE interacting with FM ? 2 out of 3 times I go to post I get a "connection problem" error. Chrome and FF works fine......

Dec 31, 2013 at 09:41 AM
Sarsfield
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Internet Explorer Problems

I'm not being facetious or sarcastic here. Why would you ever use Internet Explorer?

Dec 31, 2013 at 01:46 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Internet Explorer Problems

I use IE, FF, Safari, and Chrome, depending on the platform. There's nothing particularly wrong with IE; they all have faults.

I have no issues with IE at FM.

Dec 31, 2013 at 04:50 PM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Internet Explorer Problems

http://dontuseie.com/

Dec 31, 2013 at 08:01 PM
Mike Pearson
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Internet Explorer Problems

After updating to IE 11 I started getting "problems with this page" errors at one time or another on all the sites I regularly visit. I have upgraded to Firefox. It sounds like you are having a similar problem. Likely it is IE. It is almost as if Microsoft is testing to see just how bad they can make IE before everyone abandons it. I now feel foolish for having stayed with it through the stage where messages kept coming up encouraging me to disable plug-ins to speed up IE, and telling me each time IE blocked a pop-up etc...

Dec 31, 2013 at 08:48 PM
BrianVS
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Internet Explorer Problems

IE11 has lots of problems, more than I've ever seen with other versions. In the past, running compatibility mode fixed most problems. This time around, you can use a debug mode and change the strings back to IE10 "just to notify" the website that they have problems. This roll-back to earlier syntax strings is not permanent- gone with the next session.

Microsoft has gone off the deep end with arrogance. Every site in the world is expected to change to accommodate IE11 rather than Microsoft adhering to existing protocol.

Dec 31, 2013 at 10:08 PM
shmn
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Internet Explorer Problems

Haven't used IE in years, but this thread brings a cartoon to mind I saw on Imagur:

http://i.imgur.com/7pOwI.jpg

Jan 01, 2014 at 06:40 PM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Internet Explorer Problems

Haven't used IE in years, but this thread brings a cartoon to mind I saw on Imagur:

Apropos.

Jan 01, 2014 at 08:04 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.