New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Kata Bug 255 UL ?

onegreatcity
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Kata Bug 255 UL ?

Just wondering if anyone owns this specific bag and can offer some retail world feedback? On line reviews are solid but I appreciate first hand accounts from FM. Locally, this bag is $400 cdn plus taxes but Adorama has it on for $149.99. Thanks in advance...

Dec 30, 2013 at 01:34 PM
Light_pilgrim
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Kata Bug 255 UL ?

I purchased it andreturned it after agonizing for a week. I think they made a terrible misyake with the rubber shoulder straps. Cannot understand why they did no go the normal way...a big and terrible mistake, they screwed the backpack completely

Dec 30, 2013 at 01:38 PM
onegreatcity
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Kata Bug 255 UL ?

Light_pilgrim wrote:
I purchased it andreturned it after agonizing for a week. I think they made a terrible misyake with the rubber shoulder straps. Cannot understand why they did no go the normal way...a big and terrible mistake, they screwed the backpack completely

Oh, that doesn't sound good. Were the rubber straps uncomfortable/rigid or just hard to adjust?

Dec 30, 2013 at 01:59 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Kata Bug 255 UL ?

I had this pack in hand about 2 years ago. well made. I really had no issue with the strap system overall. what I did have an issue with is for all its bulk you really had little room for reasonable gear.
the internal padding was overdone so it was like the proverbial igloo cooler. so in the end it remains a UL bag because you can't put all that much in it.

Dec 30, 2013 at 03:31 PM
onegreatcity
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Kata Bug 255 UL ?

Thank you for the feedback. I checked out the bag in person at my local and went another direction, choosing the LowePro Vertex 200. I've had good luck with LowePro products and this one allowed me to carry the gear I want in comfort.

Dec 31, 2013 at 10:22 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.