Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

  

South Side of Chicago
  
 
gnagel
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · South Side of Chicago


This is a view of Chicago from the south side of the city. It's a view that I haven't often seen photographed before. Typically, the skyline is photographed from the east. My next photo shoot will capture images from the west side.

1


2


3


4


5


6


7


Thanks for looking!

Glenn



Dec 29, 2013 at 03:03 PM
Shane Psaltis
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · South Side of Chicago


Great Stuff here , my fav is number two would love to see them at night..


Shane
nightscapes.com



Dec 29, 2013 at 04:03 PM
BauerPower
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · South Side of Chicago


These really evoke the images told in Carl Sandburg's "Chicago."

Hog Butcher for the World,
Tool Maker, Stacker of Wheat,
Player with Railroads and the Nation's Freight Handler;
Stormy, husky, brawling,
City of the Big Shoulders:

Great work!



Dec 29, 2013 at 04:40 PM
brian_f2.8
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · South Side of Chicago


Cant wait to get there one day n go to a bears game.


Dec 29, 2013 at 04:49 PM
gnagel
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · South Side of Chicago


Shane Psaltis wrote:
Great Stuff here , my fav is number two would love to see them at night..

Shane
nightscapes.com


Thanks Shane...I didn't continue shooting into the night yesterday since most buildings go dark on a Saturday. But, I plan to return to shoot on a weeknight when the offices are lit.

Glenn



Dec 29, 2013 at 05:11 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



gnagel
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · South Side of Chicago


BauerPower wrote:
These really evoke the images told in Carl Sandburg's "Chicago."

Hog Butcher for the World,
Tool Maker, Stacker of Wheat,
Player with Railroads and the Nation's Freight Handler;
Stormy, husky, brawling,
City of the Big Shoulders:

Great work!


Thanks! It's funny you should mention that. During the entire photo shoot, I kept thinking that the scenes reminded me very much of The City of Big Shoulders.

Glenn



Dec 29, 2013 at 05:12 PM
gnagel
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · South Side of Chicago


brian_f2.8 wrote:
Cant wait to get there one day n go to a bears game.


I was a Bears season ticket holder for many years. These days, I watch the games on TV. The way the Bear defense is this year, it might be best to stay away for a few years!

Glenn



Dec 29, 2013 at 05:13 PM
itchhhh
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · South Side of Chicago


If you want to get a great shot from the West get on the CTA and go to Ashland and Lake. There is a CTA stop and a bridge over the tracks. Arguably one of the very best views from the West.

I like 1, 6 , & 7. I think you've nailed the compositions from the 18th street bridge (?). You also made the most of the late afternoon sun; it looks like you just took these images. This said, I would make another attempt to reshoot when we gets some fresh snow on the ground. Snow and some low level clouds and you'll have a wall hanger



Dec 29, 2013 at 10:36 PM
gnagel
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · South Side of Chicago


itchhhh wrote:
If you want to get a great shot from the West get on the CTA and go to Ashland and Lake. There is a CTA stop and a bridge over the tracks. Arguably one of the very best views from the West.

I like 1, 6 , & 7. I think you've nailed the compositions from the 18th street bridge (?). You also made the most of the late afternoon sun; it looks like you just took these images. This said, I would make another attempt to reshoot when we gets some fresh snow on the ground. Snow and some low
...Show more

Thanks for the recommendation!

Yes...these were captured yesterday just before the sun went down. I found easy and free parking right by the bridge, so I plan to return at a later date.

Glenn



Dec 30, 2013 at 02:14 AM





FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password