New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · More Baby Portaiture

sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · More Baby Portaiture

My grandson, just under 5 months. Formal wear for Xmas Day!

What do you think of the crop?
What do you think of OOF Mom in the image?
Other suggestions, potential improvements?

Thanks.
Scott

GoetzPhotoz 2013

Dec 28, 2013 at 10:58 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · More Baby Portaiture

I'm good with the crop, although some other tweaks to concentrate the viewer on the subject might be a plus. If you want a tighter, slightly less candid look, you could go for a tighter.

Dec 28, 2013 at 06:52 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · More Baby Portaiture

Thanks, Karen. I think the blur helps.
BTW, the color (based on Mom's PJ's) is more accurate in the original. Not sure if the skin color is different. Bit of bounce flash + indoor lighting.
Scott

Dec 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · More Baby Portaiture

I bumped the hue a bit to lower the magenta to help the little one's skin tone and selectively dulled the color in the lower portion of the frame to not let the hands and strap distract from the little one's face on the premise it's better to look good than to be "accurate".

Dec 29, 2013 at 01:58 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · More Baby Portaiture

AuntiPode wrote:
I bumped the hue a bit to lower the magenta to help the little one's skin tone and selectively dulled the color in the lower portion of the frame to not let the hands and strap distract from the little one's face on the premise it's better to look good than to be "accurate".

Got it! Thanks for the explanation.
Scott

Dec 29, 2013 at 05:57 AM
jackhopkins
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · More Baby Portaiture

Scott, that's a pretty cute grandson. One thing you can do when you photograph someone holding a baby or small child is to ask them to hold the little one off to one side so that their head is not directly above the baby's head. You can imagine that this device can make the image more dynamic and afford you more appealing cropping options.

Jan 06, 2014 at 10:10 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · More Baby Portaiture

jackhopkins wrote:
Scott, that's a pretty cute grandson. One thing you can do when you photograph someone holding a baby or small child is to ask them to hold the little one off to one side so that their head is not directly above the baby's head. You can imagine that this device can make the image more dynamic and afford you more appealing cropping options.

Thanks Jack. Helpful, practical suggestion.
Scott

Jan 07, 2014 at 08:56 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.