Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

#586 Just Out Of Reach

Travis Rhoads
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · #586 Just Out Of Reach

I spent most of today in the garage wrenching on the car...then this shot sorta created itself and I had to go in and get the gear...it never fails, that one tool you need is Just Out Of Reach . Thanks for looking good luck to everyone this week.

TR

Canon EOS 5D Mark II    EF50mm f/1.4 USM lens    50mm    f/1.4    1/13s    50 ISO    0.0 EV  

Dec 27, 2013 at 08:59 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · #586 Just Out Of Reach

I have been there myself. I like the composition and lighting. Good Luck. Jim

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #3 · #586 Just Out Of Reach

Thanks Jim. All Natural light in my garage. ..

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:53 PM
gt_me_jon
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · #586 Just Out Of Reach

Ah I know that feeling all too well. Whenever I try to keep them close, they either end up under the creeper or being so close I can't bend my arm at the right angle to reach them. I always thought it would be cool to have a large magnetic tray so you could stick it to the underbody and have a tray of tools like surgeons do, but have it upside down.

Dec 29, 2013 at 02:50 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #5 · #586 Just Out Of Reach

gt_me_jon wrote:
Ah I know that feeling all too well. Whenever I try to keep them close, they either end up under the creeper or being so close I can't bend my arm at the right angle to reach them. I always thought it would be cool to have a large magnetic tray so you could stick it to the underbody and have a tray of tools like surgeons do, but have it upside down.

That is a darn good idea Jon...I might have to try that tomorrow when I have to change the oil on both cars...

Dec 29, 2013 at 02:52 AM
pike40
• •
p.1 #6 · #586 Just Out Of Reach

I like what you did here Travis, I certainly can relate

Mike

Dec 29, 2013 at 04:58 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #7 · #586 Just Out Of Reach

pike40 wrote:
I like what you did here Travis, I certainly can relate

Mike

Thanks Mike. Yeah, anyone who has spent a little time under a car or motorcycle has gone through it...

Dec 29, 2013 at 07:51 PM
hopes2
• • •
p.1 #8 · #586 Just Out Of Reach

Had a nice chuckle on this one. That is one of the reasons I quit working on cars along with busted knuckles and rust in the eyes.

Dec 31, 2013 at 04:38 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #9 · #586 Just Out Of Reach

hopes2 wrote:
Had a nice chuckle on this one. That is one of the reasons I quit working on cars along with busted knuckles and rust in the eyes.

Glad you got a chuckle from it...it was a humorous story to convey, thanks for letting me know it worked!

I tell myself I will pay someone else next time...then I wind up under the car...there is satisfaction from doing it...and the badly bruised and cut elbow and dirt in the ear seems worth it I guess.

Dec 31, 2013 at 04:47 PM
Bill Grae
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · #586 Just Out Of Reach

Composition together with narrative content gets my vote, though I also appreciate your technical prowess in using natural light effectively. Thanks for the nice shot, and Happy New Year!

Jan 04, 2014 at 06:58 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #11 · #586 Just Out Of Reach

Bill Grae wrote:
Composition together with narrative content gets my vote, though I also appreciate your technical prowess in using natural light effectively. Thanks for the nice shot, and Happy New Year!

Thank you Bill. Glad you like it. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Jan 04, 2014 at 07:02 PM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password