New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Flooring ideas

RKnecht
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Flooring ideas

I've been using muslins (black and white) for my backdrops which I extend to the floor for my subjects (dogs) to sit on. To get a smooth look, I use plexi glass sheets that I lay over the muslin to create a smooth floor which gives a nice reflection, which I like. However, I recently bought a sheet of the white tile wall material and it works great with the white muslin, not so much for the black. Now it has me wondering if I should get some seamless to use instead of the black muslin to have a nice smooth floor when I don't want the reflection of the plexi. Love to hear of any ideas or suggestions anyone may have.

Dec 27, 2013 at 01:51 PM
cwebster
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Flooring ideas

Black seamless is going to be shinier than black muslin so that might affect your light placement, especially any top or hair light on a black dog. But you wouldn't be shooting a black Newfie on a black backdrop would you ;-)

<Chas>

Dec 27, 2013 at 08:11 PM
John Skinner
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Flooring ideas

I have two 4' X 3.5' pieces of plywood hinged together. They fold up nicely and just lay right underneath that muslin... it's sturdy and if clamped right in the back corners.. Works.

Jan 11, 2014 at 06:02 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.