FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Lock & Dam 14 Annual Hotdog & Chili Cookout

Stoph

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Lock & Dam 14 Annual Hotdog & Chili Cookout

Love that first shot Larry. I just may make it to the river this weekend. I met you briefly last winter. I won't forget it because you called me "young man". It has been many many years since I was addressed that way

Jan 06, 2014 at 09:21 AM
Michael Rucci
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Lock & Dam 14 Annual Hotdog & Chili Cookout

Herb Houghton wrote:
Nice set Larry. We grill everyday with our eagles out here in the east.

Thanks for the invite Larry and if we did'nt have a great spot here in the east and it was not so dam cold i would be there but $$$$$$$ and time are in the negative right now.Enjoy the day and i look forward to seeing many images from this outing

He has not burned anything yet

Jan 06, 2014 at 10:31 AM
kkennardis
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Lock & Dam 14 Annual Hotdog & Chili Cookout

As i plan to head out L&D14 Thursday through Saturday this week, i am concerned by the forcast of double digit negative temps freezing the river so much that the eagles can only fish way out in the middle. Will this cause the river to freeze up close to the lock and Peninsula? I have been to L&D14 before and the eagles would often fish right there in front of the shore line.

I will shoot with a 500mm with 1.4x tele, do i have enough reach?

Jan 06, 2014 at 10:58 AM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Lock & Dam 14 Annual Hotdog & Chili Cookout

Michael Rucci wrote:
Thanks for the invite Larry and if we did'nt have a great spot here in the east and it was not so dam cold i would be there but $$$$$$$ and time are in the negative right now.Enjoy the day and i look forward to seeing many images from this outing

My younger bro Herb.

Jan 06, 2014 at 11:16 AM
sritri
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Lock & Dam 14 Annual Hotdog & Chili Cookout

Paul - Sent you an email

Jan 06, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Lock & Dam 14 Annual Hotdog & Chili Cookout

Two excellent images, Larry.
For some reason the first shot makes me think of a rather fat and awkward ballerina .
Charlie

Jan 06, 2014 at 04:08 PM
JohnKS
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Lock & Dam 14 Annual Hotdog & Chili Cookout

Hello Larry,

My son and I are interested in your Lock & Dam event on the 11th. However, we are both novice shooters at best and I would appreciate it if you could answer a few questions.

I shoot with either a Canon 60D or a 6D, my son shoots with a 7D. I have a Canon 100-400 and my son would probably rent the same if available from a local camera shop. Will a 100-400 provide us with enough reach to at least give us the chance of getting some decent shots?

We have never been to the Lock and Dam 14 area. Where exactly are you holding this event? I'm assuming you are doing all the shooting on the Iowa side of the river. Is that correct?

The weather still looks a little iffy for this weekend, we would be coming from the northwest suburbs of Chicago, as it looks like we will be replacing these snowy freezing temps with moderating temps and rain and that will also be a factor in our decision.

Thanks for your time. By the way those are great shots you have posted.
John

Jan 07, 2014 at 04:48 PM
Lightsearcher
• • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Lock & Dam 14 Annual Hotdog & Chili Cookout

I wish I can be there but never say never..!!

Good luck with the event and post pictures please.

Marcelo

Jan 07, 2014 at 04:59 PM
Larry Williams
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Lock & Dam 14 Annual Hotdog & Chili Cookout

For JohnKS and all.

Yep, we shoot on the Iowa side of the Dam. It is located just down river of Interstate 80.

I started shooting eagles with my 100-400mm lens and the old 20D Canon body. I got some terrific shots.

The cookout will be in the parking lot at Lock and Dam 14 beginning about 11 AM.

The weather is predicted to be about 32 degrees.

Everyone is welcome, it's a fun time. Bring your own drink. There are some of the best people in the world that come here and many are FMers. If you have any photo questions, you will get all kinds of answers and help...

Peace!

Larry

Jan 07, 2014 at 11:09 PM
KirkB
• • • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Lock & Dam 14 Annual Hotdog & Chili Cookout

I'd like to be there for the hot dogs and chili alone.

Sounds like great fun, wishing you all beautiful day with tons of fishing Eagles Larry.
Two very fine images here Larry... well done.

Kirk

Jan 07, 2014 at 11:14 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.