Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Merry Christmas FM'ers

Carl Auer
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Merry Christmas FM'ers

I hope all of your Christmas Wishes will come true. I am honestly tired of 2013 and want it to me over. Worst year of my professional career. As many of you know, I sunk just about everything into NewSport, giving up a lot to try to help get them re-established, and they failed and closed their doors on October 31st. I feel bad because I recruited quite a few shooters from here to shoot for them and it was al for nothing. The only thing positive for me this year was my shooting for MaxPreps. I had my best year ever shooting for them, covered 10 state championships for them and may be on my way to contracting with a high school I absolutely love shooting for, for next season, but other than that, my year has stunk.

My mother has taken up a lot of my time as she has taken a downturn, which has killed any chance of finding a day job anywhere, and I have killed my savings to the point I actually have had to start selling some of my nonessential photo gear, a couple strobes, a couple extra pocket wizards, etc to pay bills and buy gas to get to shoots.

I am back, shooting for Zuma, which right now is just college basketball, so thankfully the Buffs are in the top 25, but after the Kansas game I was trampled by students storming the court. Was bruised and sore for a week after being thrown about 5 feet when someone hooked my camera strap on my shoulder, but the local USA Today shooter got it worse as he had to be tended to by EMT's during the post game press conference with players and the coach.

So, I am looking forward to what 2014 brings me, hopefully clients to put a 1DX, 400 2.8, and a new Macbook Pro in my hands, but as long as I can make it month to month I will be happy.

So to all, I hope you had a better 2013 than I did, and I hope your Christmas and New Years will be good.

And to be politically correct to everyone here... No matter what your beliefs are, or what religion you follow, have a safe and good holiday and New Year.

Dec 24, 2013 at 10:02 PM
dwa652
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Merry Christmas FM'ers

Carl, I hope 2014 is a great one for you. Merry Christmas and I will pray for your mother.

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Rick VB
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Merry Christmas FM'ers

Merry Christmas Carl and to all the other FM'ers out there. Have a blessed New Year and 2014.

Dec 25, 2013 at 10:27 AM
dj dunzie
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Merry Christmas FM'ers

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my FM pals and all the very best for a successful and prosperous 2014.

Carl, I'll also echo the best wishes and prayers for your mother, as well as your own endeavors in the new year and beyond.

CHEERS

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:28 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.