Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Any Giottos Vitruvian tripod experts out there?

parischris

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Any Giottos Vitruvian tripod experts out there?

Hi all,

I'm currently in Paris with my Giottos Vitruvian aluminium tripod, and the foot section (the fifth section) has fallen out of one of the legs. It should be simply a matter of putting it back in, but there seems to be a knack to it that I can't work out. There seems to be a locking mechanism in the internal working of the connecting part of the fourth section, which simply unscrewing the rubber-coated nut doesn't help. I can't reinsert the section at all.

Appreciate any help!

Thanks

Chris

Dec 24, 2013 at 04:33 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Any Giottos Vitruvian tripod experts out there?

does it have a raised point or pin or groove for an anti rotation feature? if so you need to find the matching point and guide it in

Dec 24, 2013 at 04:45 AM
parischris

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Any Giottos Vitruvian tripod experts out there?

sjms wrote:
does it have a raised point or pin or groove for an anti rotation feature? if so you need to find the matching point and guide it in

thanks for the prompt response sjms. It doesn't have a raised point or pin, but it does seem to have an anti-rotation feature in the connecting section. I've worked out that this used to be attached to the top of the fifth section, and has split on one side (much like the one which I've now realised is broken in the top section.

Anyway, your post inspired me to prise out the anti-rotation bit of plastic, and I've now been able to reinsert the section. I'll have to be careful when I use it not to extend that section too far, but it will get me through the next 10 days.

Thanks for the clue, much appreciated!

Dec 24, 2013 at 05:11 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Any Giottos Vitruvian tripod experts out there?

enjoy

Dec 24, 2013 at 04:11 PM
parischris

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Any Giottos Vitruvian tripod experts out there?

Just a general update on my Giottos Vitruvian...I sent it back to the US for repair, all done at no charge and tripod has arrived back in Melbourne today looking like a new unit (I looked a bit harder and found some of the sand that I couldn't get out, so it's definitely not a replacement :-).

Big shout out to Giottos for their after sales service and 5 year warranty (i've had it for 3 years now). I'd buy another based on this level of service.

Feb 18, 2014 at 10:29 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.