Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · trade G1x for Fuji XE-2 ????

winman3
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · trade G1x for Fuji XE-2 ????

My G1x takes great images BUT would the Fuji XE-2 with a 35mm f1.4 (53mm) lens provide higher image quality?

I am not considering the Fuji's offer of different lens capability, better auto focus, larger sensor, Wi-Fi connectivity, etc. etc. but only fairly significant improvement in the final (RAW) image quality.
The Fuji + the lens is not cheap, so it needs be far superior to the Canon before I would switch.
I use the camera for travel and where DSLR are prohibited (concerts, games, etc.).

Would anyone who have/did have both of these cameras be kind enough to comment/offer advice?

Thanks in advance.

Dec 23, 2013 at 11:11 PM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · trade G1x for Fuji XE-2 ????

In short, yes

Dec 23, 2013 at 11:27 PM
justruss
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · trade G1x for Fuji XE-2 ????

I don't have both cameras; I have a 5D2 and an X-E1. But you can bet the XE2 + Fuji 35mm produces far better output.

Dec 24, 2013 at 04:31 AM
mawz
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · trade G1x for Fuji XE-2 ????

Better sensor, better lens, not much of a competition. You will need to choose the right RAW converter for best performance, ACR/Lightroom in particular continues to struggle with the Fuji's (LR5.3 is reportedly improved, but CaptureOne is remains a far better choice).

Note the same goes for the latest 16MP m43 cameras if matched with good lenses, and the NEX cameras too (with good lenses of course). There's a lot out there that will outperform the G1x with it's long-obsolete sensor (based on Canon's 18MP APS-C design that's been around since the 7D was introduced and wasn't any great shakes when new) and good but not outstanding lens.

Dec 24, 2013 at 08:29 AM
dasrocket
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · trade G1x for Fuji XE-2 ????

Having used a borrowed G1x for a short while now, I can say without a doubt that there'll be no comparison between the two.
The Fuji is far superior.

Dec 24, 2013 at 09:10 AM
carcrafter22

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · trade G1x for Fuji XE-2 ????

Having owned a g1x in the past I can say without a doubt the fuji xe2 will blow the g1x away even on its worse day. There is nothing the xe2 can't do better than the g1x, AF, IQ, dynamic range, etc.

Dec 24, 2013 at 06:06 PM
kevinkjones

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · trade G1x for Fuji XE-2 ????

Fuji's sensor is great and the 35mm 1.4 lens is very sharp. I think the Fuji would have the better image quality.

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:40 PM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · trade G1x for Fuji XE-2 ????

I'd try and stretch the budget for a X-TI.

Feb 20, 2014 at 12:29 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.