Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Lightroom 5 Problem with D800e?

RLDubbya
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lightroom 5 Problem with D800e?

Going through RAWs I shot yesterday, and since I'm just learning the 800e, I'm taking my time. I have a dual monitor setup, with a calibrated NEC monitor running as a secondary display. I have LR setup so that I can edit on my other display, and see the results full screen on the NEC.

I was finding a high rate of non-keepers. They looked fine viewed as "fit" on the primary display and secondary display. However, when I zoomed in and viewed the secondary display, they were quite blurry.

However, I then found that if I stay in Loupe mode, and move from the current blurry photo to another photo in the set, then move back to the "blurry" photo, it is now sharp. This is not subtle, by the way. If I move from the now sharp image to another image, and back to the original image, it now appears blurry on the secondary display.

I've not had this issue with the 7000 or 7100 RAWs.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Dec 23, 2013 at 01:29 PM
Chris Court
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lightroom 5 Problem with D800e?

I have an 800e, using Lightroom 4.4. The big RAW files do take some time to render onscreen. Depending how tight RAM is at a given moment, it can take up to 20 seconds for a photo to display at full-resolution. This is true for both my home and work Macs - both fast, loaded machines.

Hope this helps.

C

Dec 23, 2013 at 02:33 PM
MikeW
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lightroom 5 Problem with D800e?

I know that my mothers newish NEC screen displays images blurry/unsharp. I haven't had a problem with my own monitor & D800e files with lightroom though.

Dec 23, 2013 at 02:51 PM
RLDubbya
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lightroom 5 Problem with D800e?

Chris Court wrote:
I have an 800e, using Lightroom 4.4. The big RAW files do take some time to render onscreen. Depending how tight RAM is at a given moment, it can take up to 20 seconds for a photo to display at full-resolution. This is true for both my home and work Macs - both fast, loaded machines.

Hope this helps.

C

Don't think we're talking about the same thing. When the image displays as blurry, I can wait an hour, and it still looks blurry. Ditto for when it displays sharp.

Max render time on my laptop is 6 seconds, fwiw, at 1600x1200.

Dec 23, 2013 at 03:52 PM
RLDubbya
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lightroom 5 Problem with D800e?

MikeW wrote:
I know that my mothers newish NEC screen displays images blurry/unsharp. I haven't had a problem with my own monitor & D800e files with lightroom though.

I haven't seen this in any other software, and it's limited to 800e files. In general, this NEC has been a solid workhorse for me, but it's getting old. I wonder if that could be the issue, or if there's something flaky with my nVidia display driver.

Dec 23, 2013 at 03:54 PM
RoyC
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lightroom 5 Problem with D800e?

I see the same thing with D7100 and D800 files in LR5.3. If I do something to force resizing the display the images becomes sharp. It is totally random as to which images will do this and I have convinced myself this is a LR bug.

Dec 23, 2013 at 05:45 PM
pbraymond
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lightroom 5 Problem with D800e?

RoyC wrote:
I see the same thing with D7100 and D800 files in LR5.3. If I do something to force resizing the display the images becomes sharp. It is totally random as to which images will do this and I have convinced myself this is a LR bug.

+1 I'm convinced it a bug too. Pretty random occurence.

Dec 23, 2013 at 05:50 PM
RLDubbya
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Lightroom 5 Problem with D800e?

^^^At least it's not just me, I guess. I hadn't noticed this issue with the 7100 files, but I'll start to pay more attention.

FWIW, I'm at 5.2 of LR.

Dec 23, 2013 at 08:22 PM
Shepherd_in_CO
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Lightroom 5 Problem with D800e?

I've had the same issue on occasion with LR 5.3, D800E, and the secondary display. It corrects itself, as you move around. I just thought it was the D800 files being so large. I never experienced it with my other camera bodies.

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:13 PM
james.d53
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Lightroom 5 Problem with D800e?

RoyC wrote:

I believe this is a bug in LR 5. I have had the same problems. I use two screens.

Dec 24, 2013 at 08:40 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.