Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Hendrik, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

CD/DVD Label Maker:Suggestions Needed

Peter Urbanski
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · CD/DVD Label Maker:Suggestions Needed

I need a good CD/DVD label maker that is compatible with a Mac OSX Mt. Lion. I've searched on Amazon and there does not seem to be much that people like. Hope you can give some good suggestions.

Dec 23, 2013 at 04:28 AM
a123
• •
p.1 #2 · CD/DVD Label Maker:Suggestions Needed

I use Toast 11 Titanium for printing in inkjet printables and for lighscribe disks. It comes with a program called Disc Cover 3 that works with Mac OSX. Here is a link to the standalone product: http://www.belightsoft.com/products/disccover/overview.php

Dec 23, 2013 at 07:05 AM
Peter Urbanski
• •
p.1 #3 · CD/DVD Label Maker:Suggestions Needed

Thanks for the information on Disc Cover 3. I went to Amazon and looked at 4 reviews and users were not too happy with Disc Cover; everyone gave it ** out of 5. I'll probably stay away from this program. Here is a link to the Amazon reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Belight-Software-280206-Disc-Cover/dp/B000HPHC3Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=software&ie=UTF8&qid=1387814015&sr=1-1&keywords=Belight+Disc+Cover

Dec 23, 2013 at 03:54 PM
a123
• •
p.1 #4 · CD/DVD Label Maker:Suggestions Needed

I don't have the same opinion as those reviews. When I was using Windows, I just used the generic software that came with my Epson Artisan 837 printer. But switching to Mac ruined that!

I found Disc Cover 3 easy to use and works well with my printer. I print directly on the disc and not on labels.

Here is a link from epson with a few labeling programs, hopefully one of these will work for you:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/CDLanding.jsp#software

Dec 23, 2013 at 06:58 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · CD/DVD Label Maker:Suggestions Needed

I just use photoshop. It's too easy! The hardest part is creating the initial alpha-channel template - and that only takes about 15min. or so. After that just lay down the images and text, pop in the CD or DVD, and press print.

Jan 30, 2014 at 04:39 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

OntheRez
• • • •
p.1 #6 · CD/DVD Label Maker:Suggestions Needed

Peter Urbanski wrote:
Thanks for the information on Disc Cover 3. I went to Amazon and looked at 4 reviews and users were not too happy with Disc Cover; everyone gave it ** out of 5. I'll probably stay away from this program. Here is a link to the Amazon reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Belight-Software-280206-Disc-Cover/dp/B000HPHC3Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=software&ie=UTF8&qid=1387814015&sr=1-1&keywords=Belight+Disc+Cover

Peter,

I've been involved with BeLight's products for several years. They have an entire suite starting with Swift Publisher and other modular things like business cards, CD labels, a font transmorgifying tool, etc. I use them whenever I need a quick and dirty printed solution most commonly business cards, disk labels, flyers. (In a word when I don't want to go thru the hassle of dealing with InDesign.) I've never had any problems with Disk Cover so don't know what the Amazon reviewers are on about. You do have to match the label package to one of DC's predefined views (although you can set up one of your own without a whole lot of trouble.) I use Avery's and have had no problems on the 30-40 disks I've done.

Speaking of Avery, if you buy their product they have a web based and I think still a downloadable program that allows you to layout only for their products. I found their paper to be better than their programming so haven't looked at in a long time. Based on my experience (and the trivial price) I'd go with Disk Cover. You might consider their package deals where you can get all their programs for significantly less than buying individually. As I said, I wouldn't use it for fine art work or publishing a book or any sort of heavy lifting, but within their design parameters they've all worked well for me.

Robert

Jan 30, 2014 at 10:12 PM
ke kel

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · CD/DVD Label Maker:Suggestions Needed

I recommend you use iWinSoft Mac CD label makerr, it is very nice for professional or a beginner.

Feb 13, 2014 at 07:59 AM
Steve Beck
• • •
p.1 #8 · CD/DVD Label Maker:Suggestions Needed

I buy printable dvd's and use a epson artisan 837 and put the disc in tray and print on it. I design it all in PS and load the final layout I to the epson disc printing software. Works great for me.

Feb 15, 2014 at 04:28 AM
Tomsm

p.1 #9 · CD/DVD Label Maker:Suggestions Needed

I use this label maker. Very easy, fast and small. You can try it

Mar 13, 2014 at 08:48 PM
Lovesong
• • •
p.1 #10 · CD/DVD Label Maker:Suggestions Needed

I have spent quite a bit of time researching and trying out various disk labeling methods.

By far the best I've come across (and still use) is inkjet (dedicated Artisan 50 in my case) on some Taiyo Yuden Watershields. It's like printing on luster paper.
I use the software that came with the printer, but do make my designs in PS/Illustrator

PS- for those that use the stick on labels- you really should try to get one of those out of a client's Playstation, once it's stuck itself to one of the fans. Great times for all!

Mar 14, 2014 at 05:43 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password