Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              7      
       end

Gitzo Tripod failed again!

John Skinner
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #1 · p.8 #1 · Gitzo Tripod failed again!

I like the RRS platform as a whole. I do however have issue with their pricing also.

Jan 20, 2014 at 05:01 AM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.8 #2 · p.8 #2 · Gitzo Tripod failed again!

really? I mean for the most part they are within $5US on most equivalent items sold by Kirk and such. the lesser priced components from other sources tend to be just that, lesser for the price and lesser refined..
I generally buy their product above the rest until just recently for the D610 L bracket where I disagree with one part of their design idea. so I ended up with a Kirk. if RRS changed the design
i'd sell off the kirk and buy theirs.

i'd love to have gotten my TVC33 and TQC14 for a lot less but then I know they just not be the same.

Jan 20, 2014 at 05:27 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #3 · p.8 #3 · Gitzo Tripod failed again!

John Skinner wrote:
I like the RRS platform as a whole. I do however have issue with their pricing also.

Pretty sure they could sell for cheaper and make a higher markup but would have to build their products in China. On the other hand, the better Chinese heads like Sunwayfoto are only a $50 less expensive than a similar head from RRS:

http://www.amazon.com/SUNWAYFOTO-XB-44-Tripod-Compatible-Gravity/dp/B007IV8I0S/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_1

http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/s.nl/it.A/id.4115/.f

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:06 AM
williamkazak
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #4 · p.8 #4 · Gitzo Tripod failed again!

I can say something nice about my Gitzo tripod and Gitzo pan head. It is a combo 20-25 years young and working great. I keep it in a tripod case whenever I am not using it. No corrosion can be seen. I do not "throw" it into the trunk either. I am careful with it. I got some sand in one leg once but I got it out. It is heavy and a PITA but it does what a tripod is supposed to do.

Jan 21, 2014 at 10:47 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.8 #5 · p.8 #5 · Gitzo Tripod failed again!

And it is nothing like the past 10 years of their product. They built them well back then

Jan 21, 2014 at 11:07 PM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password