Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Lighting recommendations?

JimRU
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lighting recommendations?

Hi all. I'm looking for recommendations for lighting equipment for portraits (not professionally). I mainly shoot outside and with natural light, but would like something flexible enough that I could use if I eventually build a studio. I'd like something portable but not flimsy. I'd like to spend three grand or so. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dec 22, 2013 at 08:31 PM
Gregg Heckler
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lighting recommendations?

With your budget the Elinchrom Ranger, Ranger Quadra, or Profoto B600 are perfect choices. If you want the best lightweight, portable system, the Quadra rocks, especially with the new lithium battery. Normally I would say to get A heads but now Pocketwizard's TT-1 and TT-5 make Hypersync fantastic for outdoor work. I love it. So, think about at least 1 S head for that reason. The rest you can spend on a good stand, and a couple of great mobilizers like a beauty dish and Deep Octa. I have Elinchrom RX-600's for studio use also but now I myself reaching for the Quadra a lot as it's so easy to use and powerful.

Dec 22, 2013 at 09:15 PM
irish-george
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lighting recommendations?

Also, look at the Bowens Gemini 750Pro...

Jan 17, 2014 at 09:26 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.