Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda, JimFox
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Autumn Glory

Ben Horne
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Autumn Glory

Thank you very much for the very useful feedback everyone, and have a merry Christmas.

Dec 26, 2013 at 03:11 AM
jdc562
• • •
p.2 #2 · Autumn Glory

First of all, this is a really nice image, and the following comments tend towards conjecture--to see if you could improve something that is already good. These are along the lines of Charlie's suggestions.

In your video, the zooming after the ~4:14 minute mark provides a partial preview of tighter cropping. The most engaging part of the image is the central part, namely the tree and brighter area of lichens and mosses. It is hard to judge well from the moving zoom, but it looks like cropping away the top ~10% and bottom ~10% would remove the least interesting parts of the image, leaving the part that is most special. (Maybe add some cropping along the sides.) The minor remnant of your worry area at the top center could be filled in--it's just background anyway. This would result in a frame filled with the most interesting colors and textures. --- Just suggestions for possible experimentation.
---John

Dec 26, 2013 at 05:14 AM
PhotoDim
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · Autumn Glory

Amazing composition and colors! Fantastic shot!

Dec 26, 2013 at 06:13 AM
tophoto.

p.2 #4 · Autumn Glory

Personally I don't find the white at the top distracting at all, I think I prefer it there then if it was excluded, helps add a bit more depth I feel. Overall great shot like always Ben, love seeing your work and always enjoy your youtube videos. Hope you have a good transition into the new year.

Dec 26, 2013 at 05:47 PM
thw2
• • • •
p.2 #5 · Autumn Glory

Dramatic colors. Nice!

Dec 26, 2013 at 09:31 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Mark Metternich
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · Autumn Glory

Looks great and works great for me! Your work is always outstanding!

Dec 28, 2013 at 06:46 AM
dalongfellow
• • • •
p.2 #7 · Autumn Glory

I love the richness of the color and texture in the foreground rock. And, of course, the form/color of the tree is superb. I won't try to rank this shot among the shots I've seen from your portfolio, but I think it's a keeper. Would love to have it on my hard drive.

Dave

Dec 29, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Alan Brock

p.2 #8 · Autumn Glory

I enjoy the white sandstone for a few reasons. First, I recognized the location. That let me immediately connect with the image. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, I was probably in the valley below at some point during the day setting up my own shot. The foreground and tree are strong on their own, but that extra little bit of sandstone background adds a lot for me personally.

Second, and I don't think it's something that can be overlooked, on images like this the reputation of the photographer has to be taken into account. Through the years your videos have shown your attention to detail in your compositions. Honestly, the background is the first thing I noticed about this image. However, I also knew that this composition was not haphazardly put together. Therefore, I started to consider what it added to the image. In addition to familiarity, I also believe it adds a greater sense of depth and scale.

Dec 30, 2013 at 02:07 PM
tony1
• •
p.2 #9 · Autumn Glory

LONG LIVE FILM!!! THANKS FOR SHARING!!!

Dec 30, 2013 at 03:11 PM
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password