FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · I think I am going Fuji

Littleguy
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · I think I am going Fuji

I have an X-E1 with the zooms and the 23mm F1.4 prime. I don't think I could ever use it on a job - its too slow and the EVF - LAG LAG LAG!!!

For personal stuff like - landscapes or static stuff - sure, the SOC jpg cannot be beat. But operationally - it slows me down too much. Tried it for a studio shoot the other day - I couldn't use it for the whole shoot - had to switch back to an optical VF.

Dec 23, 2013 at 07:43 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · I think I am going Fuji

Littleguy wrote:
I have an X-E1 with the zooms and the 23mm F1.4 prime. I don't think I could ever use it on a job - its too slow and the EVF - LAG LAG LAG!!!

Sounding like it's not up to pro events work.

Dec 23, 2013 at 08:56 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · I think I am going Fuji

D. Diggler wrote:
Sounding like it's not up to pro events work.

It all depends on how the user shoots. I was told the Fuji S3, S5, Nikon D2X, D100 and a few others weren't meant for weddings but yet many people, including myself have shot and survived shooting weddings with them. I just shot a corporate event today with the XE1 and it held it's own. I have no doubt it will rock a wedding.

Dec 23, 2013 at 09:38 PM
Avantia

p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · I think I am going Fuji

Regarding weddings, it may still be a bit too soon to jump to a Fuji-only setup, in my opinion.
A DSLR certainly can't do much better in terms of image quality, but it definitely can do it quicker.

Dec 23, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Littleguy
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · I think I am going Fuji

Not sure who told you that because the S3 & S5 were well known as wedding cameras because of their DR compared to the cameras of that generation.

The D2x is a speed demon compared to the X-E1 - it has no head room for highlight recovery and sucks at high iso but it runs circles around the X-E1 in terms of focus speed and camera operations. Bring your own lights and the D2x does fine as a wedding camera.

I have never used a D100 so cannot comment on it.

Try using the X-E1 with the 55-200 and just watch the lag on the EVF - even in bright sunlight - try it in a dark church and its even worst.

paparazzinick wrote:
[
It all depends on how the user shoots. I was told the Fuji S3, S5, Nikon D2X, D100 and a few others weren't meant for weddings but yet many people, including myself have shot and survived shooting weddings with them. I just shot a corporate event today with the XE1 and it held it's own. I have no doubt it will rock a wedding.

Dec 24, 2013 at 12:15 AM
fsiagian
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · I think I am going Fuji

I think I need more AF speed for chasing active kids than wedding. I don't think brides and grooms move that fast during the weddings.

Dec 24, 2013 at 12:35 AM
heikoM
• • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · I think I am going Fuji

I hope guys you will be happy with the Fujis, I didnīt.

Only had the S100x, so canīt say anything to the others, but when it comes to usability there are worlds between the Fuji and the new Sony. AF is not comparable...

heiko

Dec 24, 2013 at 04:54 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · I think I am going Fuji

Heiko I agree. I hope I still feel the same in a few months.

Dec 24, 2013 at 08:19 AM
AlexF
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · I think I am going Fuji

I use X-E1 alongside with Canon 5DIII as a second camera. As long as you are aware of its limitations its a great camera with excellent lenses. I do not use it with flash so can not comment in the TTL performance. Would I want it to use as the only camera for the wedding - not really... while it would do fine on everything up to reception the focus speed and the lack of flashes that actually make sense with such a camera make it more or less useless for the reception - YMMV....

Dec 25, 2013 at 05:42 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · I think I am going Fuji

Littleguy wrote:
the S3 & S5 were well known as wedding cameras because of their DR compared to the cameras of that generation

Or even compared to cameras of this generation. 5D3 WISHES it had anywhere near the dynamic range of those old Fujis.

Dec 25, 2013 at 06:07 PM
spink
• • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · I think I am going Fuji

I bought an xe1 for around the house (3 year old). I've shot some personal portraits with it as well. I would use it for weddings. Shutter lag and poor at is not where it needs to be. Also, I like ff. I'm just not in love with this camera like I thought I would be. Anyone gone from the xe1 to the xe2?

Dec 29, 2013 at 07:52 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · I think I am going Fuji

Poor AF seems to be a common theme.

Dec 30, 2013 at 01:12 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · I think I am going Fuji

After using the xe1 over Christmas, I have to say the AF is not as bad as everyone says. Sure it's no nikon or canon pro body system but it's not bad at all I think I can live with some lesser focusing in exchange for a crazy light system.

Dec 30, 2013 at 01:18 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · I think I am going Fuji

And the TTL isn't bad either. I feel all ttl systems are just ok. But they do the job.

Dec 30, 2013 at 01:19 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.