Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · 2013 in review (photo heavy)

airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 2013 in review (photo heavy)

Dec 20, 2013 at 09:14 AM
lightBreaker

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 2013 in review (photo heavy)

Very nice work. It would be interesting to know what drew your eye to these and made you take the photos. Like the kid hanging on the wall, in my head I'm thinking its great because it feels like he is in peril hanging from a giant building. Which maybe what was in his mind. We get to play along with that photo.

Thanks for posting.

Tom

Dec 20, 2013 at 01:32 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 2013 in review (photo heavy)

Thanks Tom wont comment on all but I will on a few.

Top two the one on the right I saw these two woman engrossed in a conversation and just as I was coming up to them the woman on the right started to raise her arm in a gesture and just as she did the woman in the window looked up and I pushed the shutter when she did.

Second row left image the guy walked by and just as he passed the mural his stride was in almost perfect relationship to the feet on the mural.

The one on the right next to it (second row) the guy turned and mimicked the statue and the bonus was the persons silhouette.

4th row left the blad guy and all the faces advertising wigs.

Skip down to Band Box Cleaners and the guys stride is repeated in the signage on the building and the wheels on the cart are repeated in the round windows. I saw that and I hoped I caught the guy in the same stride as that art work.

The kid blowing a bubble looking at the poster I couldn't believe my luck.

And third row from the bottom when the guy turned around to look at the poster the guy on the far right almost perfectly mimicked the poster. I saw that and had to make an exposure.

I hope this helped though not to detailed sorry (space) and thanks again.

Dec 20, 2013 at 05:42 PM
srudy
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 2013 in review (photo heavy)

Nice collection. The one that really stands out for me is the street portrait of the guy with the black watchcap. The composition and the lighting are terrific.

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:25 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 2013 in review (photo heavy)

Thanks srudy

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:49 PM
fryoy

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 2013 in review (photo heavy)

Very nice work

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:52 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 2013 in review (photo heavy)

Thanks....

Dec 21, 2013 at 06:58 AM
CDaescher
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 2013 in review (photo heavy)

Very nice work! A real pleasure to view.
Chris

Dec 22, 2013 at 12:06 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 2013 in review (photo heavy)

Thank you.

Dec 22, 2013 at 02:07 PM
lightBreaker

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 2013 in review (photo heavy)

Thanks for the breakdown on them. I didn't catch the wigs or the cleaners logo mimicking of the stride. Maybe it is because they are smaller here than how they would normally be viewed. Very nice set of images though. The one with Mayor Rahm is brilliant. When was that from? Is that the marathon? Or was that the Nato summit?

It took me a bit to figure out the last one. Water fountains near the bean? Very nice, looks like moonlight.

Dec 22, 2013 at 06:45 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 2013 in review (photo heavy)

Thanks and yes on the web in this size it doesn't do the images justice.

The protester was taken during the Hot Chocolate 15K/5K event. I wanted the protester to stand out with masses kind of group together as one mob showing the individual the protester as outside that group. I took 3 and I was handholding my Leica MM at 1/8 of a sec and this was the only one where the protester and background were not showing movement.

It was the Crown Fountain in Millennium Park. The sun was backlighting the water that was blowing. Red filter on my MM to darken the sky.

Dec 22, 2013 at 08:11 PM
bigv_sorvino

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 2013 in review (photo heavy)

Good stuff!

Feb 06, 2014 at 04:11 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.